Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Securing Javascript Libraries

• Cpointcc
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Securing Javascript Libraries

Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    • I recently ran a website grade for a site at website.grader.com. It says the Javascript Libraries are insecure. I have the lastest version of Joomla, template and Gantry.

How can I overcome this. It's like that for all the RT sites.

You are not authorised to see this attachment.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Securing Javascript Libraries

• What is the URL of your site?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Cpointcc
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Cpointcc, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It's basically saying some of your JS libraries are out of date - which some of them are - but the ones that come from RT products cannot be updated because we're not ready to update them yet (and it's not something we do often anyway as it means we have to do lots of testing again). e.g. things like "owlcarousel" "vegas slidshow".

Then you've got third-party js too that might be out of date e.g. "cleantalkantispam" "screenreader".

Then you've got the JS that forms part of Joomla (which again they have chosen not to update for good reasons).

So... there's not a lot you can do about this unless you want to start overwriting the JS for Joomla, RT products and Third-party products.

But... I did also notice that you have several references to "http:" resources on your site - you should change these to use https: if you want you web page to be secure.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Cpointcc
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I know I need to take some of these issues with a grain of salt. I am auditing the site now for the errors. We are also optimizing the server for performance issues. I knew these library issues were out of my control.

Thanks for taking a look.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds