Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED New Font

• SOLVED New Font

Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,

I'm trying to install Roboto on my Denali theme using this guide: docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/fonts

What I've done so far:
      1. Placed "roboto-regular.ttf" under /templates/rt_denali/custom/fonts/roboto
      2. Modified templates/rt_denali/custom/scss to include:
      @import "dependencies";
      @include font-face('roboto-regular', 'gantry-theme://fonts/roboto/roboto_regular', 400);

3. Recompiled CSS.

When I go to edit an article, I don't see the option to select my roboto font. I also don't see it in Gantgry. I'm sure I'm missing something, but not sure where. I'm trying to make my entire website to be roboto.

Would appreciate any guidance!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED New Font

• What you're missing is that once you have installed the font and have it active you then need custom CSS to actually use it somewhere.

If you need more help with that, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

If you only wanted to change the font for the whole site (rather than something specific) then you could just change that on the styles tab of the base outline and pick "roboto" font there.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: syriangasol

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED New Font

• Hi Mark,

I'm looking to do exactly as you first mentioned, have the entire site be roboto without having to edit each article and Gantry particle separately.

Edit: I did exactly as you said and edited the base outline to roboto and everything looks great! If I can do this, what's the point of installing new fonts like the guide showed when I can do it through Gantry?
    • Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by syriangasol.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED New Font

• Because sometimes you want additional font for other purposes e.g. a logo or a module or an article or even just a piece of text. In that case you would need to load an extra font yourself and styles the appropriate element to use that additional font.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds