Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED - LOST ALL OF MEDIA MOGUL TEMPLATE FORMATTING!!

• MJC

SOLVED - LOST ALL OF MEDIA MOGUL TEMPLATE FORMATTING!!

Posted 16 years 1 month ago
    • I was just finishing my www.canada2arizona.net MediaMogul template website and was finishing my punch list items when something went terribly wrong!

Here's the situation.

I needed to remove a"Get Gilcky" graphic from my template, so I deleted the reference in index.php. I am using SmartFTP and Dreamweaver. After I made the edit, a dialogue box popped up that said "Would you like to update links?" I clicked "yes," which was a huge mistake. When I went back to me site it no longer had my MediaMogul template formatting. It was just straight htmml links and graphics.

What did I do? What do I need to do to restore the template? Thanks for helping a distraught dude!
    • Last Edit: 16 years 1 month ago by MJC.
    • Joe K
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED - LOST ALL OF MEDIA MOGUL TEMPLATE FORMATTING!!

• Other than deleting the Get Gilcky reference in your index.php had you make a lot of other changes to the index.php?

If not, then download the template again and upload the index.php contained in that folder. Make a back-up of the broken one just in case.

Also, attach your current index.php to your response so someone can look at it. Might be an easy fix.
    • Last Edit: 16 years 1 month ago by Joe K.
    • MJC

• I took your advice and uploaded the original index.php from the MediaMogul installation. This what I get in the browser:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare checkinputarray() (previously declared in /home/canada2a/public_html/globals.php:37) in /home/canada2a/public_html/globals.php on line 53

I've attached my original index.php file before editing the GetGlicky reference on line 406. I don't think I made many other changes besides the footer and adding Google Analytics and GetClicky for tracking.

I tried to re-upload my index.php before the GetClicky change because I still had a copy of it, but it did not restore the template.

I also notice a templateDetails.xml file in the re_mediamogul folder that I don't remember seeing there before.

I desperately need to get this restored. We have major marketing campaign set to kick off tomorrow!
    • MJC

• What most likely happened here was that Dreamweaver messed up all of the paths referencing the CSS files in the index.php. The best thing to do, if you have made several modifications to the template's index.php, would be to redownload a fresh copy of the MediaMogul template and use its index.php as a reference to compare and fix the various paths for the CSS files.

Most of the paths will look similar to this:

<link href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/css/template.css" rel="stylesheet"
      type="text/css" />

You will want to remove out any extra characters, such "../../" and things of that nature that might have been added by Dreamweaver.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds