Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problems with loading a flash file in a module

• Problems with loading a flash file in a module

Posted 16 years 1 month ago
    • Hi

As there are quite a few experts in this forum I guess someone can help to solve my little problem ;-)

I purchased this awesome Flash Player on flashden.net ( www.flashden.net/item/flv-player-14/5384 ) it includes five files, which are needed to work:

1.the .swf-file (the actual flash player)
      2.an image file
      3.a swfobject.js file
      4. the video, which should be played (a .flv-file)
      5.an html file called "index.html"

The problem here is, that the path of the image and video file is sent trough the URL. Here it what it says in the readme:
      "The path of the image and video file is sent through the URL. The reason for
      this is to allow you to use multiple players on the same page and also to play the
      videos from a database. Each player can have a separate image file and video file as
      well as different sizes. The way to pass these files in the URL is to follow the swf file
      name, with the names of the variables followed by their values.

Here is an example:
      flvPlayer.swf? videoPath=video/video.flv&imagePath= video/image.jpg
      In this example, the name of the swf file is flvPlayer.swf. The parameters are
      passed through the URL and Flash will search the files in the same place where the
      swf file is located."

What can I do, to show the flash file in a module? I certainly need this html stuff in the module and I need the module to know where to find all the other stuff - but how? I already changed the path in the html file - but nothing happened.

hope someone can help

greetings from Germany

Leon

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds