Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Template Permission Issues

• Alash

Template Permission Issues

Posted 16 years 1 month ago
    • Greetings. I've just bought my membership and set about modifying my all new and exciting Colormatic templated site, only to run head first into the first wall of complications. The problem is that I obviously want to be able to modify the files in the root/templates/rt_colormatic_j15/ folder, but the files are set to rw-r-r or if you will 655, and whenever I seek to change CHMOD I get an Error 550: Operation not permitted.

When I enter Joomla! administration panel I get the same problem, though in a different way: the template is grey'ish and can't be modified, chosen or uninstalled. Now I must have missed something somewhere along the way, but I'll be damned if I can find out what it is, and the search on these forums didn't bring me any luck.

Help greatly appreciated. :)
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Template Permission Issues

• Alash

• Thanks for the response. After having been prompted to enable System - Legacy I tried installing JoomlaXplorer, but unsuccessful. This was the message:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

It seems that my problem is circular - I can't remove restrictions because of restrictions. No matter how many reinstalls I try the issue persist, and the folder count stacks because I haven't access to remove the folders. Some might find it humorous and ironical; I'd tend to agree.
    • Mack
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Depends on where you are hosted.

I keep seeing more and more hosts with these types of permission issues.

• Could you PM with access to your site, of this way i will be able to help you of a best way....
      Regards
      Mariela
    • GollumX
    • Elite Rocketeer

• The best way around this is to use FTP mode. J1.5 has an added FTP layer and since FTP works via the username of the account, your files obviously inherit that ownership.

The FTP details can be added during the first install, as well as in Global Configuration.

Let us know if that works.
    • Say no to Internet Explorer 6.
      twitter.com/mark_up
    • Alash

• I'm being hosted by Servage.net, and haven't come across any permission issues before beginning to explore with Joomla! The CMS itself is installed using their Autoinstaller function, but I'd be surprised if that was the problem. Enabling FTP mode isn't possible as I'm virtually in lock-down mode and haven't permission to alter any Global Configurations. CHMOD aren't changeable either as already mentioned, so really I'm at a loss here. Will buy a server to host it from soon, maybe that will change things.

Mariela: sent you a PM.

• I got that Pm and was inside your joomla installation....there i saw that you have almost all your folders with the wrong permissions...most of them are not writeable...if you send me other pm with your ftp credentials i could be able to help you better.
      Regards
      Mariela

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds