Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Setting Up MySQL using GoDaddy

• Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-Time Cancer Fighter!

Setting Up MySQL using GoDaddy

Posted 16 years 5 months ago
    • This tutorial will explain step-by-step how to create a new MySQL database using Godaddy.com.
      NOTE: Although this method describes GoDaddy.com's method, it is very similar to most hosting services and should be useful for those not using GoDaddy.com as well.

First - Log into your account from the Godaddy.com website.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Second - On the green menu-bar, hover your mouse over "Hosting & Servers," then click on "My Hosting Account." As seen above.

This will open a new window.
      See-below image.

Third - Click "Open" to launch the Control Panel.

Next - Using the green menu-bar again, hover your mouse on Databases and click on MySQL. This will launch the MySQL Manager.

Below is your MySQL Manager Screen. Click "Create Database" and follow these instructions.

See image below:
      NOTE: It is extremely important to write down everything you enter in the following section as this is vital information needed to setup Joomla and/or manage your database.
      • Description - Enter your website or any key information to help you to remember which DB this is used for.
      NOTE: If you are running more than one web-site from this hosting account, I highly recommend using the web-site name for this description.
      • MySQL Database/User Name - I recommend that you create a VERY STRONG username for security reasons. Using numbers mixed with letters should be strong-enough.
      • Enter New Password - Create a Strong Password. This is required to proceed.
      HINT: A strong password needs to be between 8 and 14 characters. It needs to be a combination of numbers and letters with atleast one letter being "upper-case."
      • Confirm your new password and click "OK" to create the database.
      It will take a couple of moments to create the DB after clicking "OK," so be patient while it is processing.
      [/list]

After that, you are done. It will take another 5 or 10 minutes for the new DB to be populated on the server and you can check status from the Database Manager Screen (see Pending Setup).

I hope this helps!

Wage
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
      A quote attributed to my Grandpa Wagers
    • Ryan West
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Setting Up MySQL using GoDaddy

• thank you.

btw, does it matter about 4.1 or 5.0 for MySql ver?
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-Time Cancer Fighter!

Re: Setting Up MySQL using GoDaddy

• I recommend 4.1 if you are using Joomla 1.0.XX and 5.0 for J1.5
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
      A quote attributed to my Grandpa Wagers

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds