Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Joomla 3.2.2 Update Issues with Cache & RokBooster

• SOLVED Joomla 3.2.2 Update Issues with Cache & RokBooster

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • Thanks again for the speedy fix for RokSprocket!

I think there are more issues with the Joomla 3.2.2 upgrade.
      I'm having trouble with caching.
      Since the upgrade, it seems like caching just isn't working the way it should.
      It's totally confused me and I'm no newbie to troubleshooting.

I thought it might have something to do with RokBooster being on or off. Not entirely sure though... Cache doesn't work either way.

At first, I was seeing the cache files appear in the cache folder, but then all cache files and folders disappear a moment later.
      (Caching is set to 45min in Joomlas config and 60 min in RokSprocket.)

In a kind of desperate move to try and get something to work, I copied old cache files from a backup to the live site.
      They just disappeared a few moments later.

I think I have tried every possible arrangement having anything to do with cache.
      In some circumstances, I've been able to see cache files appear as they should, but they always seem to disappear a few moments later.

I have to get this site ready to launch tomorrow. So, unfortunately, I can't provide a test site to experiment on. I'm reverting back to J3.1.5. I'll write back to let you know if that's a fix.

Oh, I'm using the Oculus template with Gantry 4.1.2.

Hope this helps someone. I've seriously been going nuts over this one.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.2.2 Update Issues with Cache & RokBooster

• SunPoweredProductions wrote:
      Oh, I'm using the Oculus template with Gantry 4.1.2.
      I'll try to duplicate your experience. Was this just the template installed onto a Joomla core or was it a RocketLauncher?
  • Re: SOLVED Joomla 3.2.2 Update Issues with Cache & RokBooster

• The template was installed into a pre-existing site.

Well... I reverted back to Joomla 3.2.1 and I still have the same problem.
      I have not been so confounded by an issue like this for years.
      Thinking of changing my career, maybe become a lifeguard, work on my tan.

The cache files appear when I first load a page, then disappear seconds later...
      I've spent hours troubleshooting. Can't find anything on any forum.
      I don't know of any setting I haven't tried.
      Without caching, the site is way too slow to launch. Especially with a few thousand visitors a day.
      The caching worked just as it should for about a week, until around the time I did the upgrade to Joomla 3.2.2, but now after reverting back to 3.2.1, it still doen't work.

I'm thinking to rebuild the site from scratch. I'm out of time and out of ideas. I'll use the RocketLauncher.

This is probably unrelated, but there is an error message in RokSproket:
      "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in REDACTED/new_site/administrator/components/com_roksprocket/templates/module/edit/edit_positions.php on line 31"
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Would you please create a Super Admin login for me and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply, so that I can take a look.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to DanG, moderators and administrators

• I have installed a new version of the site in a separate folder from the RocketLauncher.
      I've updated to J 3.2.2 and so far no issues with the cache.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• SunPoweredProductions wrote:
      I have installed a new version of the site in a separate folder from the RocketLauncher.
      I've updated to J 3.2.2 and so far no issues with the cache.
      Okay-what's the difference between old and new now?

• Theoretically, there is no difference.
      Both sites are/where Joomla 3.2.2, same template, same settings.

The newer site was created with RocketLauncher and the old site had one or two extensions the new one doesn't have.
      But since the old site was caching fine with those extensions at first, I don't see a clear culprit.

I feel that I did the right thing by cutting my losses and starting over. It's a load of work, but I can't troubleshoot forever on a project that's supposed to complete today.

Of interest, I seem to be having some trouble with caching on the new site as well.
      It seems that if Joomla caching is turned on, then the two Rocksproket modules on the home page have issues. They end up loading as if there was no javascript. All the slideshow frames display, everything is revealed, etc. Any suggestions?
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Ensure you have caching turned off in those module instances. What can happen if a module has its own CSS and JS is that caching will cause the content to be cached so its faster, but because the CSS and JS is loaded into the <head>, these are not cached, and therefore are not loaded from the cached version of the module. Disabling the individual module cache in the module params should resolve that.

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • How do you disable cache for roksprocket modules? A simple workaround for me was to copy the style.css content that styles the roksprocket module into the override css file. However, this doesn't solve the problem. Is RT going to fix this issue?

Thanks
    • Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by rynadmin.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds