Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSlimbox Issues

• obisi
    • Hero Rocketeer

RokSlimbox Issues

Posted 16 years 2 months ago
    • 1. RokSlimbox embedded in static content does not generate or show thumbnails though it works when missing image icon is clicked. How do I solve this?

2. The rokSlimbox effect only works in a static content item. How can I make it work for other types of content (which can be displayed on the frontpage)?

3. Can a static content be displayed on the frontpage and if so, how?

Thx much!

P.S. I have a Slimbox mambot installed via the regular joomla install but it is not currently published so I don't think this is thus causing a conflict. If you think so, then should I just delete it?
  • Re: RokSlimbox Issues

• 1. The thumbnail needs the mambot to be generated or you can do it manually.

2. Use the same techniques in the other types

3. You would need to move the link to the static content item to the first item in mainmenu
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • obisi
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: RokSlimbox Issues

• Sorry that I am not quite following your suggested solutions; I am SLOW.

1. "... the thumbnails need the mambot to be generated..." I have the RokSlimbox mambot installed already. Whatelse do I need to do here?

2. "... use the same techniques as in the other types" What techniques? I've embedded the same code in the content sections. The only difference is that in static content, I am not given an option to choose whether it is displayed on the Frontpage or not; this option is available with other content type.

3. "...need to move the link to the static content item to the first item...". Please help me understand this advice so I can stop being a pain in the rear to others who may understand it and also being an embarrassment to myself.

Thx for your usual insightful advice.
  • Re: RokSlimbox Issues

• To get a Static Content item to show up on the front page, go Menu > mainmenu and make a new menu item (static content link) to your static content.

When you are finished creating your new static content menu item, make sure it is the first menu item in the list. This will be the first page shown when visitors see your site.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds