Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Module not completely hiding on afterburner2

• SOLVED Module not completely hiding on afterburner2

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Afterburner2 v1.5
      Gantry v4.1.32

Hi, I'm trying to figure out why modules I publish with "hidden-phone" Module Class Suffix still load some elements of the module (although it is hidden). This is causing an issue right now with an object trying to load a width and preventing other javascript from loading on mobile version of site.

How can I permentely hide a module from loading on desktop or phone versions of site (so that nothing loads)?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Module not completely hiding on afterburner2

• The responsive support classes will hide the content of your module. But they will not (and never have) hide the content of the container in which your content is hidden. You can make it slightly better by adding "normaginall nopaddingall" but the position will still exist in your page as it is require should the browser viewport be resized.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Module not completely hiding on afterburner2

• That makes sense.

Does "normaginall nopaddingall" just get appeneded to the class suffix in module?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes - but always leave a space at the beginning of the module class suffix field.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks, did try this but no improvement. Could I show you what is happenng? Perhaps you may know some kind of better work around?

I will provide link and screenshot..
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• no link and no screenshot?

Regards, Mark.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Just because you use a responsive support class such as "visible-desktop" does not mean that it's not loaded in ALL viewport sizes - it is still loaded and will still be working under the covers even if the content is hidden. The responsive support classes do not stop anything being loaded at all - all they do is hide the content that would otherwise be shown.

Regards, Mark.

• Got it and that makes sense. I'll just need to get more creative with getting such code to work respectivley. Eventually, and I think this makes the most sense with larger sites, having 2 seperate templates (Desktop/Mobile) won't cause such an issue.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds