Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How do I get in Rocksprocket (mosaic layout) Article link to work?

• SOLVED How do I get in Rocksprocket (mosaic layout) Article link to work?

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • I'd like to can access the article, when I click on read more button in the frontend.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I don't want to override anything, as I choose as provider Joomla.
      Where should I go to modify the link to open Joomla article into a new page?

Thank you,
      Daniel
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Daniel Toma.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: How do I get in Rocksprocket (mosaic layout) Article link to work?

• I'm sorry, I don't understand your issue... when people click on the Read More links now, does it work? You just want it to open the article in a new tab/window?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: How do I get in Rocksprocket (mosaic layout) Article link to work?

• Hi Matt,

Yes, this is what I mean. The link is not working.
      I get the homepage or a 404, depending of what options I have in Joomla Article Options, integration tab.
      Normally when you click the read more link (button), you get the article in a new page, isn't it?
      There are any settings or options for Roksprocket where to correct this issue?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• post a link to your page with the Mosaic please.

try it with and without Joomla's SEF option enabled

have you made any routing edits to your .htaccess file?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok... it's working...

You need to have your Content Particle on your Outline though... simply placing it somewhere on your current Outline will work but to be clear, that will be loading the Article on the same Outline, with all of the other Particles present.

IF you want a different Layout then you need to build Menu Items for your articles... Joomla can't route anything without a Menu Item, it's always been that way. You can use a Hidden Menu for this and you can create a single Category Blog item type that will allow you to cover all your Articles in a specific Category so you don't have to build a new menu item for every single article.

Once you have a menu item setup you can create a new Outline and assign it to that Menu item... again, make sure you Content Particle is on the Layout so that Joomla has a place to render the article... then you can customize the Layout from there.

• Thank you very much, Matt!

Best Regards,
      Daniel
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• No worries, and welcome to the boards!

If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds