Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Need help with RokAjaxSearch and Piwik/Matomo

• Need help with RokAjaxSearch and Piwik/Matomo

Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    • We've implemented RokAjaxSearch in one of our intranet sites, and I need help getting Piwik/Matomom to track site searches.

According to the Piwik documentation:

"The easiest way to track internal search keywords is to specify the URL parameter name that will contain the search keyword. By default, Matomo (Piwik) will read the URL and look for a parameter with any of the following names: q, query, s, search, searchword, k, keyword."

The issue is that RokAjaxSearch does not generate a search URL, therefore, our searches are not being tracked.

They offer a workaround, but I have no idea how I can implement it with RokAjaxSearch:
      developer.matomo.org/guides/tracking-jav...rnal-search-tracking

Can you provide a solution?

Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Christina Warder. Reason: providing additional information
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Need help with RokAjaxSearch and Piwik/Matomo

• Sorry but we don't provide support for third-party products and nor can we do custom coding for you.

All Rokajaxsearch does is to use the standard Joomla Advanced Search module (it just Ajaxifies it). So, it's the stadard Joomla Advanced Search module that you would need to override with custom changes.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Need help with RokAjaxSearch and Piwik/Matomo

• Thanks, Mark. Does RokAjaxSearch require the Joomla smart search plugin to be enabled? Are there any search options I need to pay attention to?

Thanks again.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Need help with RokAjaxSearch and Piwik/Matomo

• No it does not. It uses Joomla advanced search (not smart search). Sorry but what you are trying to do is a custom development which is beyond the scope of this support forum.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds