Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSlideshow - tutorials?

• DagO

RokSlideshow - tutorials?

Posted 16 years 1 month ago
    • Hi! Now I have googled and searched this forum (for one hour!)for a simple tutorial on how to use RokSlideshow - and I can't find any! I really want to see what this module can do, but I have no clue on how to use it.

This is what I have done:
      I have downloaded the 1.5 version and installed it. Then I enabled it. But what now?
      I reckon' I have to write some code into an article and upload some pictures into images/stories/

I have read somewhere in the forum that there are good tutorials following the different templates, but I have searched and can't find which templates who have the RokSlideshow integrated.

Could someone please explain me how to use RokSlideshow? Thanks in advance ;)

Cheers
      DagO
  • Re: RokSlideshow - tutorials?

• You can configure the rokslideshow module via internal parameters.

go to Extensions > Module Manager > Rokslideshow and click on it.

Upload your images to images/stories

If you want text captions, you would create a text file with the same name as the image you want to display it on.

Example: car.jpg car.txt (this would be your caption)

• How do you hyperlnk?
    • DagO

Re: RokSlideshow - tutorials?

• Hi, Mike!
      Thanks for your answer. Sorry for posting so late, but I have been on a vacation for some days now ;)

I still have some problem with understanding how this whole thing works. I understand the bit regarding
      uploading pictures to images/stories, but how do I "tell" Joomla to show the pictures in an article, or is it only possible
      to use RokSlideshow on the frontpage. I have enabled the module, but do I have to activate the module in a placeholder or what? And how do I do that?

I have downloaded an excellent plugin called AllVideos Reloaded, and it's so simple to show videos or mp3 in an article. Let's say I want to have a flv video file in my article - just upload the files in the folder (images/stories/ and insert {flv}name{/flv} where the 'name' is the name of your flv file for instance {flv}guitar{/flv} - it's so easy and straight forward. So I just don't understand how to use the Rokslideshow? It should be that easy in my opinion...! But probably I'm missing some basic info.

Is it a tutorial showing how to use this thing - it's easy to understand how RokZoom works, because it's a good tutorial
      in the demo/template called Mediamogul. But why isn't there a tutorial/video showing how to use RokSlideshow. It's just
      so frustrating for us newbees...! ;)

Thanks for helping!

Dag Ove

• You edit all those necessary settings where Mike said.
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • DagO

Re: RokSlideshow - tutorials?

Posted 16 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hi, again!
      Finally I found out how to use this module. I think the default setting was 'left' under Details > Position. I changed it to Advert 1 in Mediamogul and then it worked - voila! ;)

I have one question though:
      I want to use Rokslideshow in an article, not on the frontpage. I have made an article and linked the Rokslideshow module to this article, but I can only see one small part of the pictures - i.e. the with is right, but the height is only 1/5 of what it should be. I believe that it has something to do with how the page is defined. Could someone explain to me how I fix this?

Thanks ;)

Posted 16 years 3 weeks ago
    • Have you tried changing the height in Admin > Modules > Site Modules > RokSlideShow?
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds