Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokGallery - Unserialization of filetags failed.

• NosyWeb
    • Sr. Rocketeer

RokGallery - Unserialization of filetags failed.

Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    • Hello,

On Joomla site 3.8.8 RokGallery component is no longer accessible in administration.
      As far as we know, no specific event occurred.
      I have checked that /logs and /temp folders permissions are 0755.
      I enclose in private the access to administration?
      Many thanks for your help.
      Best regards.
    • Discover our french Joomla Magazine and our french Joomla videos tutorials
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokGallery - Unserialization of filetags failed.

• This can be caused by special characters being used in tags and/or titles and descriptions. It can also be caused with a bad update too. The cure either entails using phpmyadmin on the rokgallery tables or uninstalling rokgallery and then reinstalling again... yes, this will lose all you rokgallery data.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • NosyWeb
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your reply.
      I did what you said : I have modified some specific caracters in tables _tags and _files.
      But it's not successfull.
      My customer has not updated RokGallery since last year (July 2018). The site is in Joomla version 3.8.8, is Rokgallery compatible with Joomla 3.8.8?
      Best regards.
    • Discover our french Joomla Magazine and our french Joomla videos tutorials
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Rokgallery is fully compatible with latest version of Joomla 3.9.10 (and yes that also includes J3.8.8... but you should update that anyway for security reasons).

If you use our advanced search on the forum you will find many topics about this issue... https://rockettheme.com/forum/advsearch?q=Unserialization%20of%20filetags%20failed.&childforums=1 . Nearly all of them culminate in either a rokgallery install or correcting the file tags that contain special characters.

Sorry, but there's not really a lot more that I can add.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds