Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Re: Novus Modifications assistance needed

• Re: Novus Modifications assistance needed

Posted 15 years 8 months ago
    • Hello,

I am working with a local gaming convention and redoing their Website for them. I have Chosen the Free Novus template for this task. I’ve gotten much of the change over done as far as the Aesthetic look I’ll be going for…

However I’m still pretty new to Joomla and CSS coding in general and I’m having issues figuring out where a few items I still need to change are found.

a) Where is the coding that gives the slight Blue tint to the borders around the menus and the main body area?
      b) Where is the coding for the light blue down to Fade that is used in Latest News area header?
      c) How hard will it be add in an additional banner area that might house a Square Banner, different from the Main banner?

Any help in these areas are appreciated. For reference the test site location is

diecon.realitygamingco.com/

The content is still mainly from the generic install, but that will change over time.

Fk
  • Re: Re: Novus Modifications assistance needed

• Have you thought of using Firebug ( getfirebug.com ) - it is an excellent Web Debugging tool? It is what we, the support team, use to determine your problems as well.

If you click on the links in my signature, you will be redirected to Video tutorials on how to get started and fixing problems :)
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

• James S! wrote:
      Have you thought of using Firebug ( getfirebug.com ) - it is an excellent Web Debugging tool? It is what we, the support team, use to determine your problems as well.

If you click on the links in my signature, you will be redirected to Video tutorials on how to get started and fixing problems :)

cool, thanks for the tip, will check it out

• :) Playing crash course with Firebug... I'm not a native firefox user least not since firefox 0.1 :)
      Glenn Conley wrote:

a) Where is the coding that gives the slight Blue tint to the borders around the menus and the main body area?

Ok with FireBug this area is Referenced to as Padding, But i still am having issues figuring out what is defining it's color. Any further hints :)

Fk

• In template_css.css

#main-column {
      background:#E7F9FB;
      }
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK

• James S! wrote:
      In template_css.css

#main-column {
      background:#E7F9FB;
      }

Cool,

thank you, I was just coming out here to report i found the Side one at

{template_css.css (line 165)

#side-column
      background:#E7f9FB none repeat scroll 0 0;
      width:93%;

I have to say, once you get used to Firebug, it's a very helpfull little tool

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds