Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Flush Catalog Images cache

• ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Flush Catalog Images cache

Posted 10 years 2 days ago
    • Hi, I seem to be having a strange problem with cache on my site. If I flush catalog images cache, the old cache directory in media/catalog/product gets deleted (as expected). However a new directory is not created, and new cached versions of the images aren't created. The result of this is that all the product images disappear from the front end, and nearly caused me to have a heart attack! Fortunately I copied the cache directory from a back up and all is working again. This however hasn't cured the problem obviously, if I flush the catalog image cache again, the same situation occurs.

Here's what I've tried on my staging site (on the same server):
      1) Changed the media directory permissions to 777, recursing into sub directories.
      2) Logged in with SSH as root user and changed ownership of media directory. I tried making Apache the owner, then nobody, and then the cPanel user.
      3) Re-indexed everything, and refreshed all the caches.

From looking through Google I kind of pinned my hopes on the ownership of the directory being the problem, as it seemed the most logical, but maybe I'm just making a mistake with my SSH commands?

I was using this command: chown -R apache /media/

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Magento Version 1.8.1.0
      Rockettheme Ionosphere Template
      Pretty high end Hostgator VPS
    • Last Edit: 10 years 2 days ago by ladbroke.
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Flush Catalog Images cache

• Not sure about this I'm afraid! Are you just flushing the cache the usual way, from the admin?
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Yes just from the Admin panel Sam, just seems the cache isnt being recreated for some reason.
    • ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • Just an update in case this might help anybody in the future. This problem was being caused by a PHP memory issue on the server. It was set at -1 (no memory limit). Once I changed it to 1024Mb the problem was resolved. Over a whole day wasted trying to resolve this!
    • The following users have thanked you: Sam Mahoney, Kittike

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds