• ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Weird Pricing/Cart behaviour

Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    • Hi, I have a Magento 1.8.1.0 store www.wardgemstones.com/

If you add a product to the cart it sometimes:

1) Puts the wrong price into the cart
      2) Adds the correct price
      3) Adds the correct price, but if you delete the product and then add it again it doubles the price.

If I log in and shop it seems to behave normally.

It's a fairly standard install based around a Rockettheme template (Ionosphere), not too many unecessary extensions. Around 20k SKUs.

I've tried this solution with no success. www.daveboyce.com/double-order-totals-in-magento/

Any help appreciated.
    • Sam Mahoney
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Weird Pricing/Cart behaviour

• The only custom cart thing we have in the themes is the "Modal Header Cart" - so the link in the header that opens a modal popup with a small scrollable cart in it. Other than that we don't touch anything with the cart, so first thing to check is, is this happening sitewide (so for example if you check the actual main cart page)? If you're seeing the wrong prices or double items there, it's not theme related.
    • STEP 1 IN MAGENTO DEVELOPMENT - DISABLE YOUR CACHE OR YOU WON'T SEE ANY CHANGES.
      Use the new "secure" tab when replying for privately sharing links.
      Check the "Useful Snippets" post for tips.
    • ladbroke
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Weird Pricing/Cart behaviour

• The problem rectified itself at the full checkout page and the correct amounts are being charged.

However, I went back to the home page, deleted the product from my cart and now I can't seem to reproduce the fault!

Typical that I have spent the best part of 2 hours scratching my head trying to fix it, and now it has fixed itself. To be honest I hadn't tried going all the way through to the final checkout page so maybe by doing so I have cleared something in the database relating to me/my session somehow?? I had cleared all sessions already though previously. Very odd.

*Edit, the problem did reappear again once I logged out and shopped as a guest again. I have disabled modal cart for now and the problem has gone away. I'll try and investigate further on my staging site.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by ladbroke.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds