Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Montage Particle - Freebie by MrT

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Montage Particle - Freebie by MrT

Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    • That doesn't sound like the right thing to do?

I think all you are saying is that you want tabs to show different montage particles? If that is the can create the separate montage particles as modules and then create another customhtml module (or particle) to give yourself the tabs and then use joomla's {loadmodule xxxx} to embed those modules in the tabs...

... that should work ok.

Either way I won't be adding this functionality to the montage particle.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Montage Particle - Freebie by MrT

Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    • Ahh... I get what your referring too. I'll give that a try.

My thought was just to keep the simplicity of reading from a folder, and the tabs would be sub folders.

Thanks!

Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    • Hi Mark,

Can you take a look at this page?

I can't seem to get the images to flow right when the page loades, but as soon as you select an image, they move into the correct position...

scandinavianjamestown.org/index.php/gallery#2018

before.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

after image select (notice the images in the background)
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I tried to get it flowing right but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks
    • Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Jeff Keller.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Jeff Keller - the images that you are showing are way too big for web use and need to be optimized. The page actually takes and 4 minutes to load for me because of the sheer size and volume of images being used. The arrangement of the images will not be correct until the very last image has been downloaded.

Having said that, the images all load for me perfectly on initial page load. So, try clearing your browser cache and then wait until every single image has been downloaded.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Jeff Keller

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Nice work Mark.. Cheers..

This made me think. Whay not have a place in the forum where people can share their own particles with each other? Im sure there are many of us who have written our own custom stuff over the years. Would be good to share this stuff as many of the users here wouldnt necessarily think about looking through github.
    • Do'er of stuff
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Thank you.

This is the forum for sharing particles. We always intended to have a particles "marketplace" but I'm afraid that we never seem to have time to get around to it. If you look in this forum you will seem many other particles that I have written too and they are also listed on my particles "matrix" here https://rockettheme.com/forum/gantry5-for-joomla/274835-gantry-5-particles-the-matrix-v1-09 .

Regards, Mark.
    • Mhairi
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    • I have followed instruction on this step by step but no directory I add can be discovered by the particle

this is in attempted to be installed in the calla theme of the website

I have used folders-
      gantrymedia://
      gantrymedia://images
      gantrymedia://images/date
      images/
      images/"name"
      images"name"/"date"
      public_html/name/images/date/date/date
    • Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Mhairi.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    • Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Mhairi

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds