Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Installing and Running Modestus

• Installing and Running Modestus

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • I'm new to phpBB3 and maybe a little dumb but how do you install the free Modestus phpBB3
      I can install RT Joomla templates but not this
      Uploading and expanding the files is no problem but I am lost from there how to log into the "phpBB3 Administration Control Panel"

Am I missing something..sorry..what am I missing

Sorry for such a basic question
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Installing and Running Modestus

• Re: Installing and Running Modestus

• Thanks Prim

Unfortunately when I click on the link it says "You are not authorised to read this forum." - I though I had access
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Hmm, then you're only part of the Joomla club?
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
  • Re: Installing and Running Modestus

• Seems like it. I us RT Joomla templates for my sites but now looking at phpBB3

Any held you can give me to try the free above mentioned phpBB3 one and get it installed / logged into would be "phpBB3 Administration Control Panel" would be appreciated then I can look at the others and the phpBB3 club if I can learn it and use these forums for my purposes
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Roeland_A! wrote:
      This is a not yet exhaustive list of frequently asked questions:

1 I am getting an error when installing the style The error I get is: template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/prosilver/template/../../../rokbb3.php does not exist or is empty
      Answer: You have not installed rokbb3 administration module.

2 Where can I find the instructions for installing the style?
      Answer: www.rockettheme.com/phpbb3-styles/ "put the style name here"
      FOR EXAMPLE
      www.rockettheme.com/phpbb3-styles/affinity
      www.rockettheme.com/phpbb3-styles/refraction
      www.rockettheme.com/phpbb3-styles/hyperion

3 Where can I find the Rokbb3 administration module?
      Answer: www.rockettheme.com/phpbb3-downloads/clu...ministration-modules

4a I am getting this error:
      Language file ./../language/LANGUAGE_CODE/mods/acp_joomla.php couldn't be opened.
      Answer: The normal installation instructions mention that this file should be in the /en/ folder meaning it goes into:
      Language file ./../language/en/mods/
      For rokbb3 to work correctly, simply put the acp_joomla.php into the
      ./../language/LANGUAGE_CODE/mods/
      folder. Your langauge code is ofcourse dependent on the language pack you are using.
      This may be for example us english, then the language code will be en_us, and the folder will be like so:
      ./../language/en_us/mods/
      or spanish, then the folder will be
      ./../language/es/mods/
      The maintenance information in the phpbb3 backend may give you pointers to that end. This information is visible in the general tab. When using a different language then uk english, the maintenance tab will show you that images are missing mentioning the language code in use.

4b The images for the buttons are not showing, why?
      Answer: The standard localization for rokbb3 and subsequent imagesets in the styles is en (uk english), when using a different localization like for example american english, the imageset folder and rokbb3 folder should be renamed to en_us or for example fr when using french localization.

5 My images are not showing, I using style number X with style X, why?
      Answer: Bonus imagesets need to be installed too, they are available from the same place as where the style was downloaded. The bonus imagesets should be installed into the styles folder, using directory names that are in the file package.

6 Only part of the style is showing up, it does not work, why?
      Answer: Make sure you have General → Server configuration → Load settings → Recompile stale style components set to Yes and
      General → Server configuration → Security Settings → Allow php in templates set to Yes
      in phpbb3 backend.

7 I made changes to the template or to the css, but they are not showing, why?
      Answer: Purge Phpbb3 cache from backend, or manually through ftp by deleting all files in phpbb3 cache folder, except for index.html and .htaccess

NO LONGER VALID FOR STYLES DOWNLOADED AFTER 1ST OF JULY
      8 How do I create my joomla menu? This post provides a description: www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15...54177&rb_v=viewtopic
      9 I created joomla menu but it does not show correctly, why?
      Answer: In most cases the wrong editor is used to create the menu, never use word for editing! Preferably use notepad or textpad, to make sure that there is no hidden code.

10 I am a complete newbie to phpbb3, where can I find some extra information?
      Answer: Phpbb3 documentation can be downloaded from here:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=17...52341&rb_v=viewtopic

11 The templates are incorrectly shown, only a part and not the images, why?
      Answer: Check if you enabled allow php in templates under security settings in general tab,
      also check stale styles load setting.

12. How do I resize the logo?
      Answer: Open up rt.css, find the comment for logo and adjust width and height there for .logo.

13. How do I install Rokbb3?
      Answer:Instructions are here:
      www.rockettheme.com/phpbb3-styles/"style name here"#installation

14) Where do I find instructions for the roknavmenu exporter plugin in Joomla?
      Answer:Instructions found here:
      www.rockettheme.com/media/roknavmenu/roknavmenu.html

15) Where do I download roknavmenu exporter plugin?
      Answer:Download here:
      www.rockettheme.com/phpbb3-downloads/clu...nu-exporter/download

Rokbridge is seperate from the styles;
      16) Where do I find the rokbridge component?
      Answer:Instructions here:
      www.rockettheme.com/extensions-joomla/rokbridge#installation
      Additional docs:
      www.rockettheme.com/extensions-joomla/rokbridge#documentation
      Download here :
      www.rockettheme.com/extensions-downloads...e-component/download
      Other rokbridge mods also here:
      www.rockettheme.com/extensions-downloads/free/1006-rokbridge

EDITED OKTOBER 21th by Roeland

ROKNAVMENU REQUIREMENTS:
      There is a number of steps required,
      1) joomla needs to be online when generating the menu, else you will see a menu without css styling.
      2) Make sure joomla FTP is enabled,
      3) Make sure your server supports curl
      4) SPLITMENU is not supported, only fusion menu, this is NOT a bug, it is designed like that, it is also not going to be included, because that is simply not possible.
      5) roknavmenu exporter needs to have the active menu item set to the menuitem where your forum resides,
      6) when exporting the menu, press APPLY and then SAVE, in that specific order,
      7) Allow PHP in templates needs to be set in the phpbb3 backend under the security tab,
      8) You need to purge the phpbb3 cache after generating the menu,
      9) if cache is not purged, after pressing purge button in phpbb3 backend, you may be confronted with stuck cache, you will have to purge cache manually through FTP, clearing cache manually means accessing the phpbb3 cache folder and deleting all files in there except for .htaccess and index.html
      10) The menu generation is template/theme dependent, because the css that is required needs to be in place, so what does that come down to in practice? Combining different themes and templates will lead to incompatible css and you will need to alter the css for the menu.
      So, using for example zephyr joomla template and omicron phpbb3 theme, will lead to an exported menu in phpbb3 without correct styling. This goes for any template!

EDITED SEPTEMBER 20th 2010 by Roeland
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds