Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to see left or right menus in phpBB3 with afterburner?

• Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: How to see left or right menus in phpBB3 with afterburner?

Posted 14 years 2 months ago
    • @Henning,

Are you talking about modules in the forum? The forum style is just a matching style and does not pull in Joomla modules. You'd need to custom code those to get those in. It just shows all the forum information.

It looks like your modules are working on the Joomla part of the site and that the forum style is working on the forum side.
  • Re: How to see left or right menus in phpBB3 with afterburner?

• No, not talking about the joomla modules. I am talking of the top and bottom menus which you can activate in the afterburner style and moving the user cp to left or right side, which is also customizable via the afterburner stuff. Both is not working, as well as the width attribute seems not to be working. as I said, switching colors works.
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I thought I had just logged into your site and cleared all that up. The last time I checked the site, the issue was that you had installed the RokBB3 modules of Afterburner and Global Configuration to a couple places, so when you changed the settings on one, nothing happened since the other one was controlling it.

Did you follow these instructions step by step?
      phpBB3 style installation and RokBB3

Check to see if you have an issue with any of these items in this topic. Also check to see if you've installed the modules a couple times.

• Hi Ben,
      as I said I had to reinstall it as I wanted to use the RokBridge. First installation was using a subdomain. The new installation I made was on the main domain in a subfolder.

Just checked the installation steps and yes, I did do everything explained there. And no, I just installed the modules once....
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Can you PM me login info again?
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Everything is working fine on your site. After you make a change, go to the "General" tab and then in the main body of that tab near the bottom is a function called "Purge All Cache". Click "Run Now" to purge all the cache and the refresh your page.

phpBB3 caches a lot of stuff to make it quicker...it's nice for everything but when you're getting set up :cheesy: .

• LOL :oops: :cry:

I cleard the template cache, browser cache and everything I could find, but this button...man I just did not see it.

Thx alot Ben! You're my man! :D

Really helpful to have such a good ressource and helpful guy on the boards! Thx again....
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Glad it's all working out for you now. It takes a little time playing around with all the options in these systems to find all these little tricks.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds