Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Remove Joomla sidebar in afterburner phpbb style

• Jan Suhr
    • Hero Rocketeer

Remove Joomla sidebar in afterburner phpbb style

Posted 14 years 2 months ago
    • I am setting up a site for a friend and he likes the Afterburner look.

We have p8pBB as the bridge for Joomla/CB <-> phpBB3 and with p8pBB the forums is in a wrapper in Joomla. Therefore the sidebar that shows up in the forum is not needed since the Joomla sidebar is still there.

So I want to strip down the phpBB style from that. I suspect that RokBB3 palys apart here too.

Any advice on were to look is appreciated.

Thanks

Jan
    • Jan Suhr
      Stockholm, Sweden
    • Roeland_A!
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Remove Joomla sidebar in afterburner phpbb style

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
    • You can turn the sidebar of using rokbb3, or edit overall_header and overall_footer.html to take the code for the sidebars out.
    • *Karma comes in many forms, my personal favourite is the random saucepan from the sky* J.Spencer 17-02-2009
  • Re: Remove Joomla sidebar in afterburner phpbb style

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • Jan,

If what you mean is to get rid of the Joomla sidebars on the page which is wrapping your phpBB forum, then, you have two options that I know of:
        First option, disable all Joomla! modules you want to hide for that page wrapping your forum. Quite difficult in stock Joomla! 1.5 (as compared to Joomla! 1.0) but can be easily done with
      Advanced Module Manager .
        Second option, using
      Gantry, configure the specific menu item (the page wrapping your forum) under "Menu Items". When you click this, notice that all the settings (which are default) can be overridden. Under "Advanced" Tab, make sure that you only have one item in the mainbody by setting "Force Position" to "ON" and "Position Count" to "1".

Hope this helps.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds