Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED get started on translation for grunge template?

• SOLVED get started on translation for grunge template?

Posted 13 years 1 month ago
    • Hi,

I am working on my very first Wordpress site styling and am using the free Grunge template. It looks perfect and after working with Gantry in Joomla it wasn't all that hard to figure out to get this going -> thanks, guys!

Now I am still learning on the WP thing, and since my site (wp) is in Dutch, i'd like to have the grunge-elements in dutch as well.
      For what I've read on this forum, I need to create a language file, with Po-edit, or something like that.

is there a basic instruction somehwere to get me started? Is there an english file to pick up as a starter, so I can overwrite it with the Dutch translations? Where is the template specific language stuff located?

I'd love to get this translation done and then give it back for other users as well, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Corine Teeuwen.
    • Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED get started on translation for grunge template?

• Re: SOLVED get started on translation for grunge template?

• Oh, you rock!
      thank you thank you thank you

as a frequent joomla template user I was already familiar with the Grunge template so I totally forgot to check the demo version of the WordPress variant of the template.... I should have known! :|

Anyway, followed the tutorial, downloaded PO-edit and created a Dutch translation....

while I was at it, I figured certain specific WordPress terms should have the same specific tems in your own language, I mean: not every translator should come up with his/her own idea, but pick the same word for f.i. comment or post. And found a guideline for that here:
      nl.forums.wordpress.org/topic/wordpress-...ijnen-en-handigheden

so it all worked and I have a Dutch translation of the Grunge theme now.

there are a couple of specific things in the language file that I have NO idea what they are and where they are used, so I might have them wrong, but I can change that later.

for now: happy camper.

dutch translation added to this post. I'll go and see where else I can send it so you RT guys can share it for others.

thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds