Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Rokbox 2.50.7 auto-generate thumbnail not working

• Rokbox 2.50.7 auto-generate thumbnail not working

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Hi guys,

I tring to use rokbox in a page, but seems that the last version has a bug. I used the editor to create a new rokbox to open a local image, but the thiumbnail for that image isn't generated, as seen on the images below:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Link for a local image.

After click <Insert and Close> button I have just an "underscore" character on the place where supose to be the thumbnail.

Any help?

Thanks.

Marcio
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Marcio Souza.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Rokbox 2.50.7 auto-generate thumbnail not working

• Try launching the RokBox Snippet Generator while in Text view in the WP editor instead of Visual view... if that doesn't work I'd be curious to know if disabling the Visual editor from your User profile helps.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Rokbox 2.50.7 auto-generate thumbnail not working

• Matt wrote:
      Try launching the RokBox Snippet Generator while in Text view in the WP editor instead of Visual view... if that doesn't work I'd be curious to know if disabling the Visual editor from your User profile helps.

Hi Matt,

Even changing to Text Editor instead Visual Editor and with Visual editor disabled from my profile I couldn't get the thumbnail. Here is the post:

Here is the result:

As you can see on the above image I got no thumbnail on the post.

Do you have any idea how to solve this matter?

Cheers,

Marcio
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Marcio Souza.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Are you selecting the "Thumbnail" option for the Content? In your original screenshot that option isn't selected and in your second screen it doesn't appear that you selected it either

data-rokbox-generate-thumbnail

^^should generate in your opening <a> tag if "Thumbnail" is selected
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Matt wrote:
      Are you selecting the "Thumbnail" option for the Content? In your original screenshot that option isn't selected and in your second screen it doesn't appear that you selected it either

data-rokbox-generate-thumbnail

^^should generate in your opening <a> tag if "Thumbnail" is selected

Hi Matt,

You are right. I have not selected the thumbnail in the Text view, but I pretty sure that I have done on the Visual view. I gonna make a new test anf let you know.

Cheers,

Marcio

• Hi Matt,

As I said to you, thumbnail generation is not working on Visual View.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• But it works in Text view?

The WordPress Rich Text Editor, TinyMCE, has long been a thorn in the side for developers who prefer to write code... TinyMCE tries to format and "clean" up code and most of the time it just screws it up. For this reason, I personally disable it from my User profile in all my WordPress installs... some folks like the TinyMCE Advanced plugin to help avoid some of these pitfalls.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Marcio Souza

• Matt wrote:
      But it works in Text view?

The WordPress Rich Text Editor, TinyMCE, has long been a thorn in the side for developers who prefer to write code... TinyMCE tries to format and "clean" up code and most of the time it just screws it up. For this reason, I personally disable it from my User profile in all my WordPress installs... some folks like the TinyMCE Advanced plugin to help avoid some of these pitfalls.

Yes, sure. It works on Text view mode.

Thank you

Marcio

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds