Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cerulean...home page template

• Edwin

Cerulean...home page template

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • I am a first time user of gantry4 and it is driving me crazy!!!
      The default home page includes a latest news post. It allows me to remove some text. But when I type in new text with photo only the photo shows up.? what am I doing wrong.

I am using mamp...On some instolations it will display the date correctly and on the next instolation it displays the default date two times?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Cerulean...home page template

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • Definitely read through the first bit of docs here: docs.gantry.org/gantry4

Many things are/can be/are better built with Widgets as opposed to Post/Pages... Gantry gives yous TONS of Widget Positions to facilitate and sort of layout, on a per-page basis, that you might want.

Here's my basic rundown on it:

docs.gantry.org/gantry4/configure/template-overrides (click the WordPress button on the Screens)

There are 2 base concepts here: Default Settings and Overrides.

These concepts are applied to 2 main areas: Theme Settings and Widgets.

Default Settings are what you want on EVERY page. Want your Menu Widget on every page? Configure it under Widgets > Default Settings. Want a specific Accent Color on every page? Configure it under Theme Settings > Default Settings

Want something on only one page, or maybe just a couple pages? Use an Override...

Overrides are used when you want to add/remove a Widget on a specific page(s) or you want to change a Theme Setting for a specific page(s). Overrides use the Assignments Tab in the Theme Settings for that Override to control what page/post/menu item/type that Override gets applied to. Make sure you're not applying multiple Overrides to a single page.

As to your specific issue... I'm not sure I follow... here's a vid on setting up a blog in G4 that might help:

Can't really help troubleshoot MAMP issues either unfortunately... if you have the site live and something seems bugged we can take a peak... but generally server administration is outside of our scope here
    • Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds