Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Rockgallery - how to use ?

• dimitris
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Rockgallery - how to use ?

Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    • hello
      ihave installed rockcommon and rockgallery . Either something is missing or something is not clear ..
      i want to create at least 200 galleries and insert them one by one in a page
      i go into rockgallery and i create 1 category then there is noway i can see that i can upload images into that category
      can someone take a look ? thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Rockgallery - how to use ?

• dimitris
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• hello

this is where im stuck at

there is no option to insert a gallery in a page as shown in the screenshot
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You shouldn't be inserting rokgallery into pages like that. You should be creating rokgallery widgets and putting them into the positions on the layout where you require them. Then you will see all the fields.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: dimitris

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • dimitris
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• MrT my goal is then to add at least 200 galeryes in the Pages - Portofolio layout in denali

is it doable with widgets then ? i will try it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes of course - but 200 galleries is an awful lot - so make sure your database and hosting storage is enough to deal with that.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • dimitris
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• i have enough storage
      is there a tutorial how to use those widgets to show galleries in denali ?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I'm afraid this is basic WP knowledge and basic Gantry 5 knowledge.

1. Create the "widget position" on the layout of your outline that you are using (assuming you don't have one already that you can use).
      2. Use rokgallery to create your gallery and add the images to it and publish the slices.
      3. go to "appearance > widget", change to the appropriate theme at the top left and then drag and drop the rokgallery widget onto the widget position in which you want it to appear and SAVE.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds