Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) chapelco and Stratos theme

• Adam

Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) chapelco and Stratos theme

Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    • Hello,

we running some sites using chapelco and Stratos theme, but size last month google started to display a higher value for Cumulative Layout Shift, I did some research and discovered that issue is coming from Gantry Menu.

I even created a page without Gantry menu to test developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/in...%2Fteste3&tab=mobile you can see that there is no Cumulative Layout Shift error

Are you able to help solve this issue? Or it is better that we change themes to newer?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) chapelco and Stratos theme

• This not really a significant item. What version of stratos are you using?

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Adam

• hi,

I have the lastest version of both themes runing on sites.

The hight values for CLS are on mobile version:

CLS on mobile without gantry menu: 0,045

CLS on mobile with gantry menu 0,72

If I buy a subscrition are you able to help me to fix this issue?
    • Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Adam.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• First of all, I don't see this as an "issue". It's more about performance tuning and optimisation which is not a service that we provide as part of this support forum.

Next, both Stratos and Chapelco are very old templates using Gantry 4. All our development effort now goes into Gantry 5 and our own GRAV CMS - therefore it's unlikely that we would make any further changes to either of those themes unless it was a major bug (which this is not).

I'd also point out that the demo yields exactly the same results too https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdemo.rockettheme.com%2Flive%2Fjoomla%2Fchapelco%2F .

Finally, I can see that you are using Cloudflare - this can often break things and indeed, on your site, you are getting JS erros in the browser console (this may or may not contribute to the item you raise).

So, no, regretably, I don't think that I would be able to assist further even if you did purchase a subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds