Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Rokgallery won't allow to choose a gallery

• Rokgallery won't allow to choose a gallery

Posted 2 years 1 week ago
    • Good afternoon,
      I realised that Rokgallery plugin is not working well. After creating a new gallery correctly I'm not able to choose it in order to be viewed on my website. I enclose a picture about where is it.
      I've tried to make it work in Safari, Chrome and Firefox in MacOS Catalina and Big Sur (different computers) as well as Windows 11. None worked.
      Could you please give me an idea about what is wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Anton
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Rokgallery won't allow to choose a gallery

• Rokgallery is now a legacy extension and is no longer supported. The reason for this is that flash has been discontinued (which rokgallery uses) and rokgallery could not be made to work with modern PHP versions. Also, mootools (which rokgallery uses) - is far too old and unsupported now.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Rokgallery won't allow to choose a gallery

• Thank you MrT,
      what can I do now? I mean, I want to keep my old pictures wich are on Rokgalleries.
      Is there a way to "transpose" all them to a new plugin for Wordpress kind of gallery?

Thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No, there's no "transpose" functionality available. Presumably you have all the original picture which you can use in a new gallery widget or particle. But, if not, you can find them in /wp-content/uploads/rokgallery.

I'm not sure what look you need, or what Gantry version you are using, but if you are using Gantry 5 then the "swiper" particle offers much of the same looks as rokgallery did. If you are using Gantry 4 then you are going to have to look for a third-party widget to replace rokgallery.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks for answering MrT.
      I don't need an special look... just I've been using Rokgallery since years ago, and now I must do a big change.
      I do have Gantry 5. Is Swiper included on it? is there a place where I can see an example about how to work with it?
      By the way, I've noticed that my Remnant theme is v.1.3.1 but latest is 1.1.3. I used to get automatic updates... and I don't know why this is not working now.

Thank you very much in advance.
    • Last Edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Antón Davila.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Swiper is included in most of the Gantry 5 templates - you can see example on the demo of the template or rocketlauncher under the menu item features > swiper - there are many different looks. If it's not included in your particular template (do make sure you are on latest version) then you can always copy it from another template that does include it.

If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

Regards, Mark.

• Hi Mark,
      yes, it's included. I'll look for examples thank you.
      By the way, I don't know why my template cant get updated.

Thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Nor me - why can't you update? template updates never show in the Joomla updater if that's what you mean - we always require you to log into our site to download the latest template so we can check your subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Antón Davila

• Do you mean, Wordpress? I don'thave Joomla.
      If I remember correclty, my template used to get updated automatically. May be I'm wrong, so I will try it manually.
      Thanks for your support.

Happy Easter
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok Wordpress is and always has been exactly the same - there never have been automatic updates for the themes.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Antón Davila

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds