Invalid HTML for ul class="menu"

• Invalid HTML for ul class="menu"

Posted 14 years 5 months ago
    • Hi,

I'm getting this HTML validation error:

Line 68, Column 32: end tag for "ul" which is not finished
      Line 388, Column 32: end tag for "ul" which is not finished
      </ul>
      Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists (ul, ol, dl) require list items (li, or dt, dd), and so on.

This is the problem html:
      # <div class="module">
      # <div class="module-body">
      # <ul class="menu">
      # </ul>
      # </div>
      # </div>

and

# <div id="footer">
      # <div class="footer-pad">
      # <ul class="menu">
      # </ul>
      # </div>
      # </div>

What would be the fix for this!
  • Re: Invalid HTML for ul class="menu"

• Hi,

This error happens when the sections responsible for displaying content in lists (<ul>) are empty. For an example if you got <ul> list responsible for displaying links from blogroll and you removed all blogroll links it doesn't have anything to display between <ul> and </ul> and that's why this error happens. Tags are nested properly. There are three possiblities of fixing this : add any blogroll links so it would have something to display or remove from the code of the theme references to the blogroll in header.php and footer.php or place any widget inside two places : "Top" and "Bottom".

Please tell me what would you like to do so I could assist you if you'll need some help.

Thanks!
    • Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
  • Re: Invalid HTML for ul class="menu"

• Hi,

I'll try that, and many thanks for the quick reply.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds