Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Background and other visual parts of site disappear SOLVED

• Background and other visual parts of site disappear SOLVED

Posted 13 years 1 week ago
    • Hello: I am running Gantry 3.0.11 and Joomla 1.5.22 at pl1412.pairlitesite.com/site/ . Sometimes the background and other visual parts of the live site disappear upon refresh or if I hit the preview button from inside of the Joomla admin.

The trouble started when I turned on Gantry cache and GZip and then turned them off again after upgrading to Gantry 3.0.12 . Turning them back on again did not help. I also downgraded to 3.0.11 and that did not help either. I tried turning off only the GZIP function but that was no help either.

I can get the site to come back up normally if I manually replace what appear to be the cache files in the CSS directory from a backup I made.

I have searched the forums and cannot find a problem exactly like the one I described.
    • Last Edit: 13 years 1 week ago by Bob Simpson.
  • Re: Background and other visual parts of site disappear SOLVED

• Please note: We also disabled Frontpage slideshow and the Maelstrom background animations to see if there was some kind of Javascript conflict but to no effect.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Background and other visual parts of site disappear SOLVED

• can you please disable css-compression so we can check the css-files?

• Henning wrote:
      can you please disable css-compression so we can check the css-files?

I have turned off gzip compression and the compress white-space function. Anything I missed?

Thanks,

Bob S.

• The site is Joomla 1.5.22

• Someone else on our team solved the problem. In the midst of editing the Style5 template of Maelstrom, some key CSS declarations were edited out. Normally we back up our CSS files carefully, but this time something went amiss.

I was able to take one of the caches files I had saved, remove the PHP and restore the site. Now it's a question of taking BBEdit and trying to get the formatting of the CSS file in a recognizable shape.

The fun begins....

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds