Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 4 in Joomla 4

• SOLVED Gantry 4 in Joomla 4

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Hello,

Does anyone know if Gantry 4 based templates will be updated for Joomla 4 when that time comes?

I realise this is potentially unknown and we have no idea when Joomla 4.x will be released. But I'm curious about this as I move forward building sites and clients choose Gantry 4 based templates/themes.

Anyone know what's on the roadmap for G4 and Joomla 4.x?

Thanks in advance,
      jenn :)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Bay Area Jenn. Reason: change to solved.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 4 in Joomla 4

• Re: SOLVED Gantry 4 in Joomla 4

• Thank you, Damir. I appreciate it. :)
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• That makes total sense. We have no idea what will _change_ in Joomla 4 that would dictate what work would be involved to make G4 templates compatible with Joomla 4. If it's a few lines of code, that's one thing. If it's a ton of code, that is quite another.

I figured G5 would be made compatible with Joomla 4. But that's part of why I asked. I've been digging into G5 and um, well, ... that's why I asked.

Thank you so much for finding this out for me/the community. I really appreciate your prompt response. You're wonderful.

:) jenn

Posted 6 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hello!

It's been a couple of years and I thought I'd check back in and see if you know more about whether Gantry 4 templates will be made compatible with Joomla 4. Any new word on it?

Best,
      jenn
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It's a funky time of in between when building sites. I want to use a template that is compatible with both J3 and J4 but very few template companies are willing to commit still. I understand, just makes it hard.

I'll keep checking the blog which I don't even see in the main menu. But I reckon it's gantry.org/blog .

Thanks, Mark.

Jenn

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds