Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Broken with Plugin Activated

• Gantry Broken with Plugin Activated

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • It seems someone had a similar issue here:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=44...28890&rb_v=viewtopic

When activated, the WP-Member plugin breaks the Gantry framework for the template we are using (Juxta 1.1 from RocketTheme.com). Here are the errors we are getting:

load-scripts.php:4786 - Uncaught TypeError: Illegal invocation
      gantry.js:8 - Uncaught TypeError: Object has no method 'setStyles'
      2mootools.js:128 - Uncaught TypeError: Property 'id' of object #<HTMLDocument> is not a function

I am not sure exactly where the issue is, so I am cross-posting this with the author of the WP-Member plugin for Wordpress.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Re: Gantry Broken with Plugin Activated

• Got a response from the plugin people:

Your ticket "WP-Member breaks Gantry when Activated" has received the following response:

Hello, it would seem that none of these errors are from wp-Member and we have never seen a theme that has an issue caused by wp-Member. All these errors are pointing to issues relating to the use or loading of theme files. What were you doing when the errors were displayed? What page were you using? When was this theme last updated?

If there is anything that we can do to assist you further, please reply and your reply will automatically be added to this ticket.

Best wishes
      James
      Technical Support Team
      SmartMediaPro.com

• I decided to update both Gantry and Wordpress to the latest versions in case it resolved the issue. It didn't but here are the current versions:

Gantry: v1.16
      Wordpress: v3.2
      WP-Member: 3.0.5.PHP5

The Juxta theme uses a Gantry framework on the theme's settings page with menu tabs across the top (i.e. Overview, Content, Style, Gizmos, etc.).
      These tabs, when clicked, do not work when WP-Member is activated.

Juxta Theme URL: new.edmondsstudios.com/wp-admin/admin.ph...antry-theme-settings

Errors:

load-scripts.php:4638 - "Uncaught TypeError: Illegal invocation"

4634: event.eventName = eventName;
      4635: event.memo = memo || { };
      4636:
      4637: if (document.createEvent)
      4638: element.dispatchEvent(event);
      4639: else
      4640: element.fireEvent(event.eventType, event);
      4641:
      4642: return Event.extend(event);
      4643: }

gantry.js:8 - "Uncaught TypeError: Object has no method 'setStyles'

var Gantry={init:function(){if(document.id("gantry-mega-form")){document.id("gantry-mega-form").set("autocomplete","off");}Gantry.cookie=Cookie.read("gantry-admin");Gantry.cleanance();Gantry.initTabs();Gantry.inputs();Gantry.Overlay=new Gantry.Layer();Gantry.Tips.init();Gantry.dropdown();Gantry.notices();},load:function(){},notices:function(){var b=$$(".gantry-notice");if(b.length){b.each(function(d){var e=d.getElement(".close");if(e){var c=new Fx.Tween(d,{duration:200,link:"ignore",onComplete:function(){if(document.id(d)){d.dispose();}}});e.addEvent("click",c.start.pass(["opacity",0],c));}});}var a=$$(".overrides-button.button-del");a.addEvent("click",function(d){var c=confirm(GantryLang.are_you_sure);if(!c){d.stop();}});},dropdown:function(){var b=document.id("overrides-inside"),e=document.id("overrides-first"),c=null;var a=new Fx.Slide("overrides-inside",{duration:100,onStart:function(){var g=document.id("overrides-actions").getSize().x-4;b.setStyle("width",g);this.wrapper.setStyle("width",g+4);},onComplete:function(){if(!this.open){e.removeClass("slide-down");}}}).hide();b.setStyle("display","block");var d=function(){if(b.hasClass("slidedown")){a.slideIn();e.addClass("slide-down");}};var f=function(){if(b.hasClass("slideup")){a.slideOut();}};$$("#overrides-toggle, #overrides-inside").addEvents({mouseenter:function(){$clear(c);b.removeClass("slideup").addClass("slidedown");c=d();},mouseleave:function(){$clear(c);b.removeClass("slidedown").addClass("slideup");f.delay(300);}});Gantry.dropdownActions();},dropdownActions:function(){var g=document.id("overrides-actions"),e=document.id("overrides-toolbar"),f=document.id("overrides-first");var a=document.id("overrides-toggle");if(e){var d=e.getElement(".button-add"),b=e.getElement(".button-del"),c=e.getElement(".button-edit");if(c){c.addEvent("click",function(){if(f.getElement("input")){f.getElement("input").empty().dispose();a.removeClass("hidden");return;}a.addClass("hidden");var h=new Element("input",{type:"text","class":"add-edit-input",value:f.get("text").clean().trim()});h.addEvent("keydown",function(k){if(k.key=="esc"){this.empty().dispose();a.removeClass("hidden");}else{if(k.key=="enter"){k.stop();var j=document.id("overrides-inside").getElements("a");var i=j.get("text").indexOf(this.value);if(i!=-1){this.highlight("#ff4b4b","#fff");return;}document.getElement("input[name=override_name]").set("value",this.value);i=j.get("text").indexOf(f.get("text").clean().trim());if(i!=-1){j.set("text",this.value);}this.empty().dispose();a.removeClass("hidden");f.getElement("a").set("text",this.value);}}});h.inject(f,"top").focus();});}}},inputs:function(){var a=$$(".text-short, .text-medium, .text-long, .text-color");a.addEvents({attach:function(){this.removeClass("disabled");},detach:function(){this.addClass("disabled");},set:function(b){this.value=b;},keydown:function(b){if(this.hasClass("disabled")){b.stop();return;}},focus:function(){if(this.hasClass("disabled")){this.blur();}},keyup:function(c){if(this.hasClass("disabled")){c.stop();return;}if(Gantry.MenuItemHead){var b=Gantry.MenuItemHead.Cache[Gantry.Selection];if(!b){b=new Hash({});}b.set(this.id.replace("params",""),this.value);}}});},cleanance:function(){Gantry.overridesBadges();Gantry.tabs=[];Gantry.panels=[];var e=document.getElement(".pane-sliders")||document.getElement("#gantry-panel");var g=e.getChildren();var c=g.getElement(".panelform");Gantry.tabs=document.getElements("#gantry-tabs li");if(!a){var a=document.getElement(".gantry-wrapper");}if(!d){var d=document.getElement("#gantry-panel");}var j=document.getElements("#widget-list .widget .widget-top, #wp_inactive_widgets .widget .widget-top");if(j.length){j.each(function(m){var l=m.getParent();if(l.id.contains("gantrydivider")){l.addClass("gantry-divider");}});}var b=c.getElements(".inner-tabs ul li").flatten();var i=c.getElements(".inner-panels .inner-panel").flatten();b=$$(b);i=$$(i);b.each(function(m,l){m.addEvents({mouseenter:function(){this.addClass("hover");},mouseleave:function(){this.removeClass("hover");},click:function(){$$(i).setStyle("position","absolute");i.fade("out");i[l].setStyles({position:"relative","float":"left",top:0,"z-index":5}).fade("in");b.removeClass("active");this.addClass("active");}});});Gantry.panels=$$(".gantry-panel");Gantry.wrapper=a;Gantry.container=d;Gantry.tabs=$$(Gantry.tabs);var h=new Hash({"contextual-help-link-wrap":"contextual-help-wrap","screen-options-link-wrap":"screen-options-wrap"});h.each(function(n,p){var l=document.id(p);var o=document.id(n);if(!l||!o){return;}var m=$$("#screen-meta-links > div[id!="+p+"]");l.addEvent("mouseup",function(){if(!o.hasClass("contextual-help-open")){m.setStyle("visibility","hidden");}else{m.setStyle("visibility","visible");}});});var f=document.id("cache-clear-wrap");if(f){var k=new Asset.image("images/wpspin_dark.gif",{onload:function(){this.setStyles({display:"none"}).addClass("ajax-loading").inject(f,"top");}});f.addEvent("click",function(l){l.stop();new Request.HTML({url:AdminURI,onRequest:function(){f.addClass("disabled");k.setStyle("display","block");},onSuccess:function(){window.location.reload();}}).post({action:"gantry_admin",model:"cache",gantry_action:"clear"});});}},overridesBadges:function(){$$(".overrides-involved").filter(function(a){return a.get("text").trim().clean().toInt();}).setStyles({display:"block",opacity:1});},initTabs:function(){var a=0;Gantry.panels.setStyle("position","absolute");var b=document.getElement("#gantry-panel .active-panel");(b||Gantry.panels[0]).setStyle("position","relative");Gantry.panels.set("tween",{duration:"short",onComplete:function(){if(!this.to[0].value){this.element.setStyle("display","none");}}});Gantry.panels.each(function(d,e){var c=d.retrieve("gantry:height");Gantry.tabs[e].addEvents({mouseenter:function(){this.addClass("hover");},mouseleave:function(){this.removeClass("hover");},click:function(){Cookie.write("gantry-admin-tab",e);if(this.hasClass("active")){return;}Gantry.panels.setStyle("position","absolute");Gantry.panels.setStyles({visibility:"hidden",opacity:0,"z-index":5});d.set("morph",{duration:330});d.setStyles({display:"inline-block",position:"relative",top:-20,"z-index":15}).morph({top:0,opacity:1});Gantry.tabs.removeClass("active");this.addClass("active");}});});}};Gantry.Tips={init:function(){var a=$$(".gantry-panel"),b;if(document.id(document.body).getElement(".defaults-wrap")){b=a.getElements(".gantry-panel-left .gantry-field > label:not(.rokchecks), .gantry-panel-left .gantry-field span[class!=chain-label][class!=group-label] > label:not(.rokchecks)");}else{b=a.getElements(".gantry-panel-left .gantry-field .base-label label");}b.each(function(c,d){if(c.length){c.addEvent("mouseenter",function(){var g=c.indexOf(this);var e=a[d];if(e){var h=(!this.id)?false:"tip-"+this.id.replace(GantryParamsPrefix,"").replace(/-lbl$/,"");var f=e.getElement(".gantrytips-left");if(f){if(!h||!document.id(h)){f.fireEvent("jumpTo",g+1);}else{f.fireEvent("jumpById",h);}}}});}});}};Gantry.ToolBar={add:function(a){var b=document.id("screen-meta");if(b){document.id("contextual-"+a+"-wrap").inject(b,"top");}(function(d){var c=d("#screen-meta-links > div[id!=meta-"+a+"-link-wrap]");d("#meta-"+a+"-link").click(function(){if(!d("#contextual-"+a+"-wrap").hasClass("contextual-"+a+"-open")){d("#screen-meta-links > div[id!=meta-"+a+"-link-wrap]").css("visibility","hidden");}d("#contextual-"+a+"-wrap").slideToggle("fast",function(){if(d(this).hasClass("contextual-"+a+"-open")){d("#meta-"+a+"-link").css({backgroundImage:"url(images/screen-options-right.gif)"});c.css("visibility","");d(this).removeClass("contextual-"+a+"-open");}else{d("#meta-"+a+"-link").css({backgroundImage:"url(images/screen-options-right-up.gif)"});d(this).addClass("contextual-"+a+"-open");}});return false;});})(jQuery);}};Gantry.Layer=new Class({Implements:[Events,Options],options:{duration:200,opacity:0.8},initialize:function(b){var a=this;this.setOptions(b);this.id=new Element("div",{id:"gantry-layer"}).inject(document.body);this.fx=new Fx.Tween(this.id,{duration:this.options.duration,wait:false,onComplete:function(){if(!this.to[0].value){a.open=false;}else{a.open=true;a.fireEvent("show");}}}).set("opacity",0);this.open=false;},show:function(){this.calcSizes();this.fx.start("opacity",this.options.opacity);},hide:function(){this.fireEvent("hide");this.fx.start("opacity",0);},toggle:function(){this[this.open?"hide":"show"]();},calcSizes:function(){this.id.setStyles({width:window.getScrollSize().x,height:window.getScrollSize().y});}});window.addEvent("domready",Gantry.init);window.addEvent("load",Gantry.load);var Tips=new Class({});

Unfortunately, the whole script is on line 8, so the error reference is a little difficult for me to narrow down.

mootools.js:128 - Uncaught TypeError: Property 'id' of object #<HTMLDocument> is not a function

c={x:e.clientX,y:e.clientY};}}}}return Object.append(this,{event:a,type:n,page:m,client:c,rightClick:h,wheel:l,relatedTarget:document.id(p),target:document.id(k),code:b,key:q,shift:a.shiftKey,control:a.ctrlKey,alt:a.altKey,meta:a.metaKey});

It says there are two errors on line 128.

Thanks in advance for your help in resolving this issue. Any further eyes on this are welcome :)

• Got another response to the above post from the plugin people:

Your ticket "WP-Member breaks Gantry when Activated" has received the following response:

Hello, the best action would have been to resolve the issue before upgrading as a lot more is known about issues within v3.1.4. The problem now is that you have upgraded wordpress while experiencing issues, which may have caused further issues. All these errors seem to be coming from your theme and I would imagine that this is because they try to control more than they should.
      Unfortunately, as none of these errors are coming from or related to wp-Member files or processes, it is not an issue with wp-Member, but would most likely be an issue with your theme or a very rare compatibility issue between the theme and wp-Member. If it is the latter, the theme developers should apply a fix as the errors are coming from their theme and not our plugin.

Got my hand slapped for upgrading to the latest version. :-/ Oops. Could really use some help!

• Would I get help if I posted this in the Juxta template forum?
    • Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Gantry Broken with Plugin Activated

• Hi,

We don't have access to commercial wordpress plugins and therefore we're unable to test our themes against them.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds