Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cannot open footer in widgets page

• Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: Cannot open footer in widgets page

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • Are you using the most recent version of Gantry? This issue was fixed a few updates back and shouldn't be a problem. Let me know.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
  • Re: Cannot open footer in widgets page

• Yeah, this is a new install of it and I installed it directly from the Wordpress plugin directory.

www.learn2playguitars.com is the site in case you want to do a view source. I implemented the fix described here but still having the same issue. It just doesn't show up at all.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Okay, I'm looking in my index.php file for this theme and I see the code. The first one is on line 107 and the second one is on line 110. Are you sure you're looking at the right file? It's the index.php file inside of the rt_grunge_wp theme folder.

• There's nothing about the footer contained in my index.php file. There is a footer.php file that has similar code to what's been mentioned here as the source of the problem but I made the recommended changes there with no result.

Unless there is something wrong with the Worpress theme editor then I AM looking at the right file.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• It's in wp-content -> themes -> rt_grunge_wp -> index.php. I'm not sure what you're seeing, but it is there, there is no where else it could be.

• Your right. Not sure what I was seeing either. Something is seriously wrong with the wordpress theme editor in my installation and that's why I couldn't see the code. Loaded it up in filezilla and did a quick edit in microsoft expression web and all is well. Thanks for your help Cliff. I guess I should have investigated it further to begin with. :oops:
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• No worries, it's always better to work in a real editor than the Wordpress one anyway. Glad you figured it out.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds