Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Upgrade to latest Gantry altered and deleted Text Widgets

• Upgrade to latest Gantry altered and deleted Text Widgets

Posted 12 years 6 months ago
    • Hi folks,

I upgraded the Gantry plugin yesterday and now all of my text widgets have been changed. On my home page I had the default Omnicron client testimonial but it has changed to a text widget I created myself on a different area of the same page.

I checked other parts of my site and wherever I had one or more text widgets they have either disappeared or been duplicated.

When I tried to alter one widget it would change both and when I deleted one it deleted both.
  • Re: Upgrade to latest Gantry altered and deleted Text Widgets

Posted 12 years 6 months ago
    • same issue here, would very much LOVE a solution for this annoying issue.
  • Re: Upgrade to latest Gantry altered and deleted Text Widgets

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • I'm looking to update soon and want to avoid any problems like this. I'm following this thread for now.
    • TMFX

Re: Upgrade to latest Gantry altered and deleted Text Widgets

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • Well i was doing the auto-update inside wordpress.. and the overall look of almost every widget got messed up.. luckily i did a db backup before updating. (which i would recommend to everyone doing updates and/or installing plugins)

General:
      From a theme/framework which is so heavily powered by widgets i would expect some feature to save and import/export widget positions and content!
      - for example in same manner than import/export pages, comments, posts..

(i.e. you could make a complete business website without every having a single page- cause all driven from widgets)

So how to upgrade to new gantry (1.21) from 1.16 without loss of data/style?
      (I´m using theme: crystalline)

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds