Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Increasing performance?

• bios
    • Rocketeer

Increasing performance?

Posted 12 years 4 months ago
    • I am running www.klarabygg.se wich loads most often quite slow, even though I got Gantry cache, zipper and also static css activated. Another site that I am running on the same host, and wich does not use Gantry, is much faster. Is there any way to increase the speed? The theme is Panacea.

An odd thing is that Googles Page Speed Online tells me I should activate compression, wich I allready done through Gantry Gzipper.

David
    • Last Edit: 12 years 4 months ago by bios.
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Increasing performance?

• bios
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks for the reply!

In my case there was a simple solution. First I removed a maintenance plugin, wich probably did not affect the performance. But then I removed an rss-feed from the front page wich really increased performance.

The link you sent is interesting though as Binero has been awarded for best host several years in a row...

Thanks for the help.

David
    • bios
    • Rocketeer

• Hmmm...now the problem is back again. My Gantry-powered site www.klarabygg.se goes really slow while my other non-Gantry site load fast www.byggbloggen.net .

It seems somehow to be related to Gantry or the Panacea-theme. Otherwise I believe that both sites should load slow.

I also get a several messages a day from Pingdom that says the site is down, probably because of the slow loading.

Any suggestions how to speed up Gantry?
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• I just tested your sites and they both took 6 seconds to fully load so i don't think it's Gantry's fault.

RokGZipper normally helps reduce the loading time.

Btw, you shouldn't trust biased sites like Pingdom. Try some independent tools like YSlow! and the built-in tools in your browsers.
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG
    • bios
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks for feedback!

This is a bit tricky. Cause the problem seems to be coming and going. About pingdom I dont trust them fully either. But in this case the alarms is probably because the loading time at some occasions is so long that pingdom thinks the site is down. Besides that I have also had complaints from my client about slow loading. No complaints about the other site byggbloggen.net.

Also I am having the same problem as a lot of others do with widgets showing on wrong pages. Could there be a general problem with widgets that also slows the page down? Or is it impossible that those two problems might be connected?

As you probably understand I am trying to understand where the problem lies, if it is Gantry, the host or anything else.

David
    • tscadfx
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • Personally I prefer WP Super Cache.

I've tried the built in gantry gzipper and gantry cache and cannot get the performance anywhere near that of WP Super Cache.

From the sites that I've used it on I've had no issues whatsoever with rockettheme/gantry. Just make sure that the gantry cache and gzipper are turned off. Static CSS can be turned on if you'd like but I've found that it does conflict with WP Super Cache on some sites but not on others.

Also edit your .htaccess and include browser side caching.

As a side note I'd like to mention that WP Super Cache, Gantry, or any performance caching plugin, should only be used in a working (non-development) environment.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds