Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

eCommerce recommendation for Gantry

• eCommerce recommendation for Gantry

Posted 12 years 1 week ago
    • Hi,

I had a near disaster last night when I installed WP eCommerce. Thankfully got the problem resolved. But there is an obvious incompatibility issue with this plug in and gantry.

Can anyone recommend another reliable plug in that plays nicely with Gantry?

Thanks!
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: eCommerce recommendation for Gantry

• Hi, the issues with WP eCommerce and Gantry are well known, there isn't any fix that I know of.

Besides that one, I don't know of any others that have issues. I've been playing around with Cart66, it's a different kind of eCommerce plugin for Wordpress, there is a free version you can try to make sure it works before spending any money. Or Shopp is a popular one as well, I haven't tested it, but I haven't heard anything on the forums about it not working. Hope that helps.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
  • Re: eCommerce recommendation for Gantry

• Cool, thanks, Cliff I will check them out.

Are there any plans to get Gantry and WPE to hold hands? Both are excellent WordPress assets and I would love to be able to use them.

:cheesy:
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: eCommerce recommendation for Gantry

• Hi, glad to help.

There are no plans to my knowledge. I believe the issue is the differences in the way Gantry and WP-eCommerce handle the loading of the template parts getHeader() getFooter() ECT. Gantry does this very differently than the standard way, and I think WP eCommerce has it's own way of doing things as well. Unless one of us is willing to completely re-program our plugins, compatibility does not seem likely.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds