Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problem when attempting to disable a widget override

• Problem when attempting to disable a widget override

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • Today, I noticed something rather strange in my WordPress setup (WP 5.0.3 + Gantry 4.1.17 + Anacron).

When I go to the control panel --> Appearance --> Widgets

And enable an override, for example the "Sidebar" or "Content Top", it enables and it works, however if I try to disable it again, the checkbox looks like the change happened, but when I refresh the page, or navigate to a different page and come back, the checkbox is still checked and the override is not actually disabled.

What could be causing this? Could this be a bug related to WordPress 5.x? I have a RocketLauncher test-setup locally, which runs WordPress 4.8.8, and it does not seem to have this problem.

One thing I also noticed is that when I enable a widget override, the little circle appears, but when I disable, it does not appear. Whereas on my RocketLauncher setup with WP 4.8.8, it appears in both cases.

I also made sure to try both Firefox and Chrome, and the problem is present in both browsers.
      I also checked my MySQL slow log, and it appears that MySQL commands are executed in the background, but they seem to have no effect or something.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Tsuroerusu.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Problem when attempting to disable a widget override

• Re: Problem when attempting to disable a widget override

• Thanks for the clarification on the issue, I appreciate it.

I actually just thought that myself as well, it is is fairly straight forward for me to re-base things, so that is probably what I will end up doing.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Problem when attempting to disable a widget override

Posted 5 years 3 weeks ago

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds