Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

A basic question: How to use outlines in wordpress

• shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

A basic question: How to use outlines in wordpress

Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    • I just started using wordpress, so there are still a lot of things over my head, especially when I have a Joomla mindeset.
      One of the key questions is, how do I assign an outline to a certain page? In Joomla, you just need to go to the menu item's setting, and choose a template. But in wordpress, when you go to the page setting, there is no such options. I watched some videos, it seems to me to assign an outline to a page, you need to go to the outline's "assignments" tab, but in this tab, I don't see my pages. So I went to gantry's documentation and read the "assignment" section, but it is only for Joomla...

Can anyone share some light or point me to the right direction? Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: A basic question: How to use outlines in wordpress

• You go to the assignment tab in Gantry 5 admin (on the outline that you want to assign) and put a tick next to the menu item. It is the same as Joomla in this regard. The "base outline" is the only one that you cannot assign (because it's the default anyway) so maqke sure that you are not on the base outline.

if you need more help,Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• My site is on local.
      To be honest in Joomla I hardly touched this "assignment" setting.

What confuses me with this "assignment" setting is, if I set the tick of a certain menu item to be "on" on multiple outlines, which outline will be used for that menu item? Also, in "Page Context" section, there are "Front page" and "Home page", let's say I have "Page A" as my home page, and then I set "outline A" for "home page" and "outline B" for "Page A", what is the rule to decide which outline to be used for homepage?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You absolutely should not assign multiple outlines to a single menu item. You should only assign one.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds