Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5.5.5 Auto Update

• Re: Gantry 5.5.5 Auto Update

Posted 2 years 3 months ago
    • Looking at rockettheme.com/product-updates , it appears that the wordpress themes have not been updated to fix this problem? I have been not updating gantry on my sites waiting for the theme updates. Do you recommend I go ahead and update to gantry to 5.5.7?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5.5.5 Auto Update

• No, I don't recommend it, but you can do it. We have not yet released updates to WP themes to work best with G5.5.x - it's a huge task and we've only just completed the Joomla ones. If you update gantry then then existing template version should work, but it will be slower (hence why I don't recommend). That is because Gantry 5.5.x includes a new scss compiler which is much more strict. As such the existing scss fails to compile under it, so we then revert to using the old compiler to keep sites running. This in effect means that their are two attempts to compile the scss which can slow your site down.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

• Hi Mark
      The issue of G5 updates and Wordpress Theme updates effects our work too.
      What would be useful is if we can have an idea when updates are happening?
      Joomla updates were important because of the siginificant changes when Joomla updated itself.
      Completely understand that.
      However RT members who use Wordpress could do with a little more information!
      Some kind of timeline as to when the themes will be updated.
      It might calm our nerves a bit

Best wishes

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Well I have absolutely no idea when that will be - so please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to ask our support department.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • safeworld4women
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Website designer and Administrator

• Thanks Mark
      Will do and will reply here with the answer so other people can see it.

best wishes

Andrew
    • My wife and I design, build and maintain websites - for non-profit organisations, therapists, artists, local community groups and small businesses.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds