Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Missing head contents on Helium

• LMKWeb

Missing head contents on Helium

Posted 1 year 11 months ago
    • I have a WP 5.9.3 site running Gantry 5.5.13 and Helium and was alerted that the site is completely unstyled. When I checked, there were no errors in the browser console but the <head> section of the website was empty, so it wasn't even pulling the site metadata, not just the CSS and JS files. I'm not sure how long it's been like that, but I checked and it looks like there's a newer version of Helium available - version 5.4.37 is installed. If this were Joomla I'd understand how to update easily by just uploading the new template, but I know that fails in WP. What's the best way to update Helium manually without losing all of my customizations? I've switched to using the default 2022 theme for now, so at least the website is functioning properly.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Missing head contents on Helium

Posted 1 year 11 months ago
    • https://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/basics/updating-themes

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • LMKWeb

Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    • Thanks. Unfortunately that didn't work. The first time I updated, all of my customizations were gone and it was the default Helium settings again (missing custom styles, etc). So I restored an older backup and tried again. I updated everything except for Helium and it was fine briefly, but when I came back to the site later, the head tag was completely empty again and the site was completely unstyled again. So I'm restoring yet another backup. There's nothing in the error console to denote an issue, but the default WP theme works fine, so something is wrong with Helium/Gantry on this installation.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There are literally thousands of people using Helium and Gantry 5 - if there was something wrong we would know about it by now. Where have you made your customisations? Without seeing this in it's broken state it not possible for me to make more suggestions.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • LMKWeb

• I know - I have it installed on at least a half-dozen sites and I've never seen this error before! I'm posting here in hopes I'm not the first one to stumble across it and I can get some assistance trying to diagnose and resolve the issue. I don't want to leave Helium in an older version, but it breaks the website every time I try to do so. When my customizations got wiped the first time, they were all done either via the custom.scss document or by creating a custom style in the back-end. That was missing entirely the first time. I haven't had that particular error crop up again since the first time. I grabbed the error log from the host and this is what it has on it:

[31-May-2022 15:13:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ScssPhp\ScssPhp\Exception\SassScriptException: $amount: Expected 20% to be within 0% and 1% in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gantry5/compat/vendor/scssphp/scssphp/src/Exception/SassScriptException.php:30
      Stack trace:
      #0 /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gantry5/compat/vendor/scssphp/scssphp/src/Node/Number.php(269): ScssPhp\ScssPhp\Exception\SassScriptException::forArgument('Expected 20% to...', 'amount')
      #1 /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gantry5/compat/vendor/scssphp/scssphp/src/Compiler.php(8604): ScssPhp\ScssPhp\Node\Number->valueInRange(0, 1, 'amount')
      #2 /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gantry5/compat/vendor/scssphp/scssphp/src/Compiler.php(8613): ScssPhp\ScssPhp\Compiler->libTransparentize(Array)
      #3 /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gantry5/compat/vendor/scssphp/scssphp/src/Compiler.php(6299): ScssPhp\ScssPhp\Compiler->libFadeOut(Array, Array)
      #4 /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gantry5/comp in /home/t3kdfj2metyd/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gantry5/engines/nucleus/views/partials/page.html.twig on line 12
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok that helps a bit. So you're getting a scss compiler error (which when it fails will leave you with no compiled CSS so your site will look all ourt of whack). So what we need to know is in which particle the 20% is coming from.

Can you provide a link to a test site or can you provide an Akeeba jpa backup file for me to test locally.

Regards, Mark.
    • LMKWeb

• Unfortunately I'm not using Akeeba (Updraft instead), but I did create a staging environment to troubleshoot. Sharing the details below:
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok so I did the update and got the errors - this reveals that you have installed some third-party particles and it is from these that the errors are occurring. Basically the scss for these particles is not compatible with Gantry 5 5.x and the new compiler included within it. Therefore, you need to contact the developer of these "JL Particles" and ask them for new versions that are compatible with Gantry 5.5.13.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: LMKWeb

• LMKWeb

• Thank you very much! I'll reach out to them.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds