Gantry 5 Zenith theme not for mobile by Google

• Gantry 5 Zenith theme not for mobile by Google

Posted 1 year 7 months ago
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Zenith theme not for mobile by Google

• This is because google is not "seeing" your site as end user would - if you look at the image of the site they show you you will see it doesn't look right - this is because googlebot has been prevented from accessing certain directories because of the content in your robots.txt file in your joomla root directory. You will need to comment out the lines that currently specify "disallow" on cache,components,libraries,modules and plugins (add a # at the start of the line). You could also make this change specifically for the googlebots too.

This is what I use for joomla- you need to udentify the blocked resources in your website and do the same sort of thing:
      User-agent: *
      Disallow: /administrator/
      Disallow: /bin/
      #Disallow: /cache/
      Disallow: /cli/
      #Disallow: /components/
      Disallow: /includes/
      Disallow: /installation/
      Disallow: /language/
      Disallow: /layouts/
      #Disallow: /libraries/
      Disallow: /logs/
      #Disallow: /modules/
      #Disallow: /plugins/
      #Disallow: /templates/
      Disallow: /tmp/

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry 5 Zenith theme not for mobile by Google

• Hello Mark,

This is a Wordpress website.

Also on akt.rs it is showing the same thing but it also has some rules in robots.txt .

Ok what do you reccommend to delete, all?

Thank you

Branislav
    • Web development & design, online marketing and search engine optimization services Optimizacija sajta za pretrazivace - Optimizacija sajta

• Hi again Mark,

I have deleted all rules but still the same...

But website was in another directory before and i can see that all home particles except the ones on the left side dont have any css classes or anything else.

Do you think that this is okay!

Or maybe that could be the problem?

Branislav
    • Web development & design, online marketing and search engine optimization services Optimizacija sajta za pretrazivace - Optimizacija sajta
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• On the link you gave for the test, click on view tested page, Then "more info" and you will see a list of the resources blocked to googlebot - you then need to ALLOW these in your robots.txt

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hi Mark,

I did as you said and now it let's say "ok".

But still in search console iy says thay text is too small to read and shoes 3 URL's as examples.

I was trying to find everywhere where to change font size but couldn't find it.

Can you please tell me how can i make font bigger?

What is interesting here is that all these posts are from Blog articles here spijunskaoprema.org/najnovije-vesti-spy-oprema/ .

Also on 20 pages elements are too close for clicking.

Thank you,

Branislav
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So I did the google mobile test again and it still shows that 22 resources are being blocked to googlebot - therefore Googlebot is not "seeing" your site as a user would and is therefore reporting errors that just do not exist - you need to permit googlebot access to the resources that it says it is being denied.

Regards, Mark.

Posted 6 months 2 weeks ago
    • Hello Mark,

On our new web site we have Clarity theme with the same problem, please take a look here https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly/result?id=CKp4nvEtXw-nGCIuYN0N-A .

I have done everything as you have said, here is my robots.txt:

User-agent: *
      Disallow:

Sitemap: https://www.prirodnikamendika.rs/sitemap.xml

You can check it here https://www.prirodnikamendika.rs/robots.txt

It is for website www.prirodnikamendika.rs

I have clicked on more info and here is the exact result:

HTTP Response
      200 OK
      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Connection: Keep-Alive
      Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
      last-modified: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 20:26:39 GMT
      content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
      cache-control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
      expires: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 20:36:56 GMT
      transfer-encoding: chunked
      content-encoding: br
      vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent,Accept-Encoding
      date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 20:36:56 GMT
      server: LiteSpeed
      alt-svc: h3=":443"; ma=2592000, h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000, h3-Q050=":443"; ma=2592000, h3-Q046=":443"; ma=2592000, h3-Q043=":443"; ma=2592000, quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v="43,46"

I am sending you a screenshot from my test resuts page.

Thank you in advance

Branislav

Posted 6 months 2 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I have inspected prirodnikamendika.rs like Mark suggested.

And i saw that menu was the problem.

In case that someone else need this, just put "flush" in the middle (block) tab in CSS Classes.

Now he say that it is ok.

Google is Google, has its rules, we can not do anything else about it or to respect and make chages or not.

So, i hope that someone find this answer useful sometimes.

Kind regards

Branislav

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds