Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Recompile CSS is throwing an error

• Recompile CSS is throwing an error

Posted 6 months 1 week ago
    • I have been using rt_fluent for over a year without issues but have just started to receive this error when attempting to Recompile Styles in the theme admin area. There was an update for the Gantry plugin a few days ago and Im wondering if this may have some influence.

content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/fluent.scss on line 2 #3 import /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/fluent.scss (unknown file) on line 2
      File: fluent-wordpress
      WARNING: $amount: Expected 75% to be within 0% and 1%: /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/configuration/_colors.scss on line 120, at column 1 Call Stack: #0 import /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/configuration/_colors.scss /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/configuration/_base.scss on line 5 #1 import /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/configuration/_base.scss /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/_dependencies.scss on line 5 #2 import /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/_dependencies.scss /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/fluent-wordpress.scss on line 2 #3 import /home/sova3943/new.corknaturenetwork.ie/wp-content/themes/rt_fluent/scss/fluent-wordpress.scss (unknown file) on line 2

Any help or pointers in how I may start to fix this? Thanks for any help.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Recompile CSS is throwing an error

Posted 6 months 1 week ago
    • It's to-do Fluent using older functions that are not supported in the newer SCSS compiler in the current version of Gantry

It's 2 main functions:
      transparentize()
      and
      fadeout()

If you search the main SCSS folder in your theme (I'd recommend a tool like GrepWin for windows) you'll want to look for all instances of these 2 functions. You can always use that yellow error message to find the file names and line numbers where these functions are erroring at.

Transparentize will show up like:
      transparentize(#000000, 75%);
      and it only needs it's percentage changed to a decimal, so in the above example it needs to be rewritten like:
      transparentize(#000000, 0.75);

The same is true for fadeout... except it also needs to be rewritten like "fade-out"

so look for something like this:
      fadeout(#000000, 75%);
      and rewrite it like this:
      fade-out(#000000, 0.75);
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 5 months 1 week ago
    • New WordPress themes should be out in December some time with these fixes
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Recompile CSS is throwing an error

Posted 5 months 1 week ago
    • That's great news Matt. Thanks for the heads-up
    • Carlos

Posted 4 months 3 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I had the same problem and I managed to solve it by following your guidelines Matt, but it was a laborious job, I had to modify 27 lines of code in 8 different files.

In two cases I had to change fadeout to fade-out.

function calls instead). Use "fade-out" instead of "fadeout" on line 37.

instead of "fadeout".on line 129

I was solving each error that was reported after each modification. I hope this can be fixed correctly in a future update of the template.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 4 months 3 weeks ago
    • Yes, a new release for all WordPress templates will hopefully be out this month

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds