Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

The header area background is always black?

• Andrew_Smith
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Freelance Web Site Creator & Online Entreprenuer

The header area background is always black?

Posted 13 years 10 months ago
    • Hi there,

i'm having a little problem adding a background image to the gantry framework template.

When using Firebug I can see the #rt-header and #rt-container classes of the site I am working on are taking their CSS properties from the url of the site and not one of the style sheets!? The header area seems to be taking it's colour from the coulr chooser in the template manager but not picking up any other css properties.

I have modified the CSS of gantry.css and style1.css but the area is still showing black and taking it's CSS properties from a style sheet named after the url of the site i'm working on and I cannot see how to change this.

I'd really like to override the colour chooser options in the template manager altogether and just use my own CSS.

Any ideas?
    • I tweet @andy_smiff and blog at andysmiff.tumblr.com
      Design by Andy Smiff Web Designer Scotland , powered by Joomla! and Gantry
  • Re: The header area background is always black?

• cdavis411
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: The header area background is always black?

• The gantry framework makes it so easy with the template manager editor, but I am sure you must have a decent reason for wanting to manually edit the background color.

So here it it is
      in your joomla directory follow the path to components/com_gantry/features/styledeclaration.php
      open it for editing and find:

//inline css for dynamic stuff
              $css  = 'body {background:'.$gantry->get('bgcolor').';}';
              $css .= 'body a {color:'.$gantry->get('linkcolor').';}';

replace like so:

//inline css for dynamic stuff
              $css  = 'body {background: #999999;}';
              $css .= 'body a {color:'.$gantry->get('linkcolor').';}';

Of course you can also apply your background image reference here.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• div#rt-header div.rt-container {background: orange;} in the css should override it without changing features/styledeclaration.php
  • Re: The header area background is always black?

• To override the color chooser options and use your CSS instead, open your templateDetails.xml file and either remove or comment these lines out (they start at about line 192 on the default Gantry template):
             <param name="bgcolor" type="colorchooser" default="#dddddd" label="BG_COLOR" description="BG_COLOR_DESC" />

<param name="headercolor" type="colorchooser" default="#111111" label="HEADER_COLOR" description="HEADER_COLOR_DESC" />

<param name="bottomcolor" type="colorchooser" default="#111111" label="BOTTOM_COLOR" description="BOTTOM_COLOR_DESC" />

<param name="footercolor" type="colorchooser" default="#666666" label="FOOTER_COLOR" description="FOOTER_COLOR_DESC" />

<param name="linkcolor" type="colorchooser" default="#cc0000" label="LINK_COLOR" description="LINK_COLOR_DESC" />

Make sure you hit apply in the template manager to update the params.ini file or you will still be getting the color chooser options overriding your CSS.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• so now we have 3 ways ... :-)

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds