Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Something is wrong with gantry_joomla_framework-3.0.12​

• Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

Something is wrong with gantry_joomla_framework-3.0.12​

Posted 13 years 7 months ago
    • I just installed the latest version of Gantry (gantry_joomla_framework-3.0.12) and all I get is a white screen when clicking on the template to edit. The previous version worked fine. Could someone look into that ASAP?
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

Re: Something is wrong with gantry_joomla_framework-3.0.12​

• Okay, here is the thing that I am running into. Yes, I have read the Gantry upgrade instructions.

I installed Omnicron RocketLauncher. It contains Gantry version 3.0.11.

According to the instructions for upgrading Gantry, you change the default away from the gantry-enabled template, then go to Admin -> Extensions -> Install/Uninstall -> Templates, and select the checkbox next to the rt_gantry_j15 entry. But there is no entry for rt_gantry_j15!

If you run the installation of the new version of gantry, then the Omnicron template will no longer be editable (or at least as far as I can see). (Is there a file permissions that needs to be set after the installation, possibly?)

Additionally, I did see in the Gantry instructions that it isn't safe to install over the top of an existing Gantry, and it may be that that is what is causing the problem. So since the gantry template is not in the correct place as indicated in the instructions, what files and/or directories have to be manually removed before the installation can be done? I'd like to get to the bottom of this before working further on the new site.

Suggestions?
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• There are two separate things here:

The first is the Gantry Framework. This is a component and it is the version that you are talking about. To upgrade this, you just go to the same install/uninstall are but click on the "components" link and then choose "gantry" from there. Then you can reinstall the new version.

The second is the Gantry template which is the free GPL gantry template. Omnicron is a template that also uses Gantry so the free one is not needed.

Make sure you are using the most current version of Joomla and the current version of the extensions as some of them were upgraded for the new gantry component.

If you are experiencing issues though, you can try uninstalling the gantry component, and re-installing the gantry 3.0.11 version to see if that clears it up.
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

• Hi Ben,

Thanks for the explanation. The file that I am referring to is gantry_joomla_framework-3.0.12 which was the download file when you click on the Upgrade Gantry link in the template.

So I uninstalled the component and got these errors:
              * It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'CHANGELOG.php'
              * Component Uninstall: Unable to remove the component site directory
              * It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'manifest.xml'
              * Component Uninstall: Unable to remove the component admin directory

So I manually removed the directories and then ran the install and got this error:
      Unable to find install package

Suggestions?
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

• Oh geez, I got the previous mentioned errors because I was uninstalling and installing on a backup version where I hadn't reset the permissions. Fixed that and I could uninstall and install the component without errors.

BUT I am still back to the original problem when installing the 3.0.12 version, i.e., uneditable template (only whitepage). So I uninstalled that version and reinstalled the 3.0.11 version and the template is editable again. So there appears to be a problem with the gantry version 3.0.12 when it is installed into the Omnicron RocketLauncher edition.
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• The new Gantry version requires the latest upgrades of all the extensions...that were released yesterday, as well as the latest Joomla version 1.5.20. If any of those are not upgraded, it will give an error.

It's fine to use the Gantry 3.0.11 version for Omnicron though. I don't believe there were security issues with that version, it was just an upgrade for the new extension releases and new template release.
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

• I did a fresh install of the Omnicron RocketLauncher that I downloaded from the site this morning. Do you mean that the extensions in that are not up-to-date?
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Rich Bean
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Rae,

When RT updates extensions, they normally don't go back and put them into all the install packages unless it is a template only extension so to answer your question, no the extensions in Omnicron RL are not up to date any longer.

Hope that makes sense. It took me a while to realize that as well.

Cheers,

Rich
    • My Sites:
      Perth Website Design
      Scuba Marketing
      I'm a Henning Stalker!
    • Ben Lee
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Rich is right, it would take a huge amount of effort to go back through every template pack and add the new updated extensions and then recreate rocketlauncher packs everytime there was an update.

You can download the latest versions of the extensions you're using in the extensions area and just uninstall and re-install them.
    • Whoey
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • I'm getting wierdness as well with Gantry Framework 3.0.12

I installed the Zephyr bundle, which comes with Gantry 3.0.8, so when I go to the template to change settings, it notifies me of the available Gantry update. So, off to Extension Manager > Components, uninstall Gantry 3.0.8, then Extension Manager > install Gantry 3.0.12, up to here, no problems. Then when I go to "Extensions > Template Manager > rt_zephyr_j15"

loading... at first the diagnostics block at the top is there, 3.0.12 detected, then that part whole "diagnostics" section disappears... the first section is "Presets", none of which can be applied, no changes seem to take effect in any sections, if you can actually change the items.

There are no RT modules installed yet apart from the template and Gantry. And the site is running Joomla 1.5.20

So I guess this means ditch everything, and revert to the bundle with 3.0.8 ? or is there a download link for 3.0.11 somewhere that I'm missing?
    • I'm an Individual, just like everyone else...

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds