Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry for Wordpress HowTos?

Gantry for Wordpress HowTos?

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • I just signed up and got the Wordpress Gantry themes. Some of the functions are more obvious than others, but some leave me clueless. So I was wondering if we have a timeline on any sort of basic how to? Or if I missed it in the forums?

The HowTOs on the Joomla Gantry are great and when I tested those I was up and running immediately. So I am hoping that we can find something like that.

Kind Regards,
      Aoirthoir
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Gantry for Wordpress HowTos?

• We plan on updating the www.gantry-framework.org site with a dedicated WordPress section, but right now the priority is to get Gantry for WordPress as solid as possible, the documentation will come after. However, it's quite similar to the Joomla one in many instances, so the Joomla docs are a good place to start for now.

Re: Gantry for Wordpress HowTos?

• Andy,

Thanks!

l spent some time in the IRC to ask a couple questions and Newkind was very helpful. That got me started. For some reason I just had to get a handle on the fact that I had to choose the override I needed even in the Widgets section. Once I got that then I understood the basics. Also that in the widget I had to add a separator to put two or more widgets on the same horizontal layer.

I would like to create some videos for my team here, and for those on the FOSS projects I work with such as OpenCOBOL. To do so I would probably need to start with one of the themes that yens have made (Reaction, Dominion or Kinetic for now). Would you be cool with that?

Either way the next thing that I need is to learn how to do is create a Gantry Theme from scratch. Is there a base, empty Gantry theme that we can use for that?

OFFTOPIC: I had seen that yens were from Colorado (some of yens anyhow) but didn't know you were from Golden! I spent some of my growing up years there, and in Johnstown and in Boulder, (only a bit of time in Denver proper). So shout outs!

Kind Regards,
      Aoirthoir

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds