Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Custom Module Layout

• getdown

Custom Module Layout

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • I'm a little confused on how to edit the output of a module (or create a new custom layout). I'm looking to add a bit of text to a header position and I thought it would be straight forward, just add a custom HTML module and publish it to one of the header positions. However, the module layout creates the containing elements and background, which I do not need.

Example: output of a custom HTML module published in a header position
      <div class="rt-module-surround">
           <div class="rt-module-top"><div class="rt-module-top2"><div class="rt-module-top3"></div></div></div>
           <div class="rt-module-inner">
                <div class="module-content">
                     MODULE CONTENT (TEXT/HTML/ECT)
                </div>
           </div>
           <div class="rt-module-bottom"><div class="rt-module-bottom2"><div class="rt-module-bottom3"></div></div></div>
      </div>

I'd like to change the header module to just output the module content without any extra style/format. This is a gantry theme (qualitative), and the gantry documentation on creating custom module layouts left me with a few questions: for instance the parameters of the "displayModules" function isn't explained well and I don't know how to assign the parameters in order to create a custom module layout for the header positions.
    • getdown

Re: Custom Module Layout

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • I resolved this particular issue by changing the module chrome to "basic" /templates/rt_quantive_j15/index.php

Line 40:
      <?php echo $gantry->displayModules('top','standard','basic'); ?>

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds