Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Layouts & (forced) positions

• Layouts & (forced) positions

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • I am struggling with the Gantry layouts and (forced) positions. I try to achieve the following layout of the header: 2 forced (unused) positions, 3 positions to be used by the logo and 7 positions to be used by the menu. Although I tried several settings, for some reason I can not get this to work.

I thought the most obvious settings would be: force 2 header positions, publish the logo in position header-b and the menu in position header-c. Then in the layout section set header positions to 3 (2|3|7). But that seems not to be right. For some reason the number of header positions keep reverting to 2, as if Gantry only sees the 2 published positions (logo & menu) and not the 2 forced positions.

Apparently I don't grasp some general concepts. Can anybody give me some clues and help me top achieve the desired layout?
    • Pieter-Jan de Vries
      ---
      Obix automatisering
  • Re: Layouts & (forced) positions

• Couldn't wait for a forum reply and luckily found it out by myself. The good setup must be as follows:
      • under Layouts set header positions to 3 (2|3|7).
      • under Advanced set number of forced header positions to 3.
      • publish the logo in header -b and the menu in header-c.
      Unfortunately there appears to be a bug which resets the header positions in the Layouts section. After saving the proper positions the site looks fine but the header positions in the Layouts section are reset to 2 (2|10). So next time you save, the setup is screwed up.
    • Pieter-Jan de Vries
      ---
      Obix automatisering
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Layouts & (forced) positions

• we've seen this also, the resetting bug. We're going to look at it more.
  • Re: Layouts & (forced) positions

• Thanks for the follow up Andy and nice to hear you guys are looking into it. I also reported the issue in this dedicated topic . Hope to hear some good news soon.
    • Pieter-Jan de Vries
      ---
      Obix automatisering

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds