Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Bug: Layout settings being reset.

• Bug: Layout settings being reset.

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • I'm using Gantry 3.0.12 on a Joomla! 1.5.21 site and there appears to be a bug which resets position settings in the Layouts section. In my specific situation I (see this topic ) my settings do get saved and the site looks like it's supposed to, but after that the header positions in the Layouts section are reset to 2 (2|10). So next time I save, the setup is screwed up. Look at the attached screen dumps and watch the header positions before and after (or actually while) applying.
    • Pieter-Jan de Vries
      ---
      Obix automatisering
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Re: Bug: Layout settings being reset.

• I followed your steps ...

Set "case: 3 modules in header" to 2-3-7
      Set "header forced positions" to 3

Published modules in header a and c:
      Everything looked perfect.

Changed something in the gantry settings (style for example):
      No issue after saving.

I can only think it has something to with the rights of params.ini
      Did you enable the ftp-layer? Sometimes this helps ...
  • Re: Bug: Layout settings being reset.

• Thanks for the swift reply.

Not sure why enabling the FTP layer would solve the problem, but that's probably because I never needed it before. I'm happy to try it though and I did but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.

Because other parameters get saved just fine, like the ones in the Settings sections for instance, it probably doesn't have anything to do with param.ini permissions.

Do you have any other suggestions?
    • Pieter-Jan de Vries
      ---
      Obix automatisering

• The difference between your configuration and mine, is you having modules in header-a en header-c and me having them published in header-b (the logo) and header-c (the menu). I didn't notice that at first, but after I did, I decided to experiment a bit.

First I set the logo to header-a, but that didn't solve the problem. Although the logo shows up in the correct position, the settings still get reset. Then I set the logo back to header-b and published a dummy custom module, containing nothing but a  , in header-a. Now the correct settings show up nicely. By simply enabling and disabling the dummy module, the settings either show up o.k. or not o.k. So the settings are saved correctly but they are not displayed correctly after saving. It appears as if the forced settings are not taken into account when rendering the parameter form.
    • Pieter-Jan de Vries
      ---
      Obix automatisering
    • PK

• I am using the Panacea template and I'm having a similar problem. I am new to this template, and have installed it yesterday.

I have modules published in top-a and top-b, but when through the administrator I change the number of published modules in top to 3 (i.e. top-a, top-b and top-c) this setting keeps being reset to 2 modules every time I save.

params.ini is writeable. Any idea how I could work around this?
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• PK wrote:
      I am using the Panacea template and I'm having a similar problem. I am new to this template, and have installed it yesterday.

I have modules published in top-a and top-b, but when through the administrator I change the number of published modules in top to 3 (i.e. top-a, top-b and top-c) this setting keeps being reset to 2 modules every time I save.

params.ini is writeable. Any idea how I could work around this?

PK, 'Similar' does note equal 'Exact'

Please start a new thread in the Panacea forum.

That way you will have all the moderator's and member's attention.
    • Thanks,
      jim

• And is there anybody who can help me with exactly this problem please?
    • Pieter-Jan de Vries
      ---
      Obix automatisering
    • PK

• Sorry! will do!

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds