Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Which outline is being used

• Joe Crash
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Which outline is being used

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Hi,
      Is there a way I can determine which outline is being used on a specific page.
      Now I have to choose an outline, goto assignments and see there which one is being used.
      I have been loosing hours to find out what I did wrong and where

Thanks in advance.
      Joe
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Which outline is being used

• The way you described it is the best way to do so via the Dashboard... check the "Hide Unassigned Item" box at the top so you don't waste time looking at ALL the unassigned pages... Most people typically have less than 10 Outlines so this process shouldn't take too long...

The other way is looking at the frontend code... specifically the Outline ID class in the <body> tag... right click in your browser and go to View Source or Inspect Element and look at the classes in your <body> tag... one of them will be "outline-xx" which will be the ID for the Outline assigned to that page... you can see the IDs for each Outline in the Outlines Tab of the Gantry 5 Dashboard in the upper right of each Outline block
    • The following users have thanked you: Joe Crash

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Joe Crash
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you.
      Searching for the outline-xx in the source solved my problem.
      Thank you.
      Joe.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds