Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Google's problems with Gantry 5

• BrettD
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Google's problems with Gantry 5

Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    • I've been running the Google chrome plugin, Lighthouse ("automated tool for improving the quality of web pages") on my pre-release, testing-phase ambrosia site. I am running the newest G5.

Google Lighthouse reports the following deficiencies under Best Practices:
      ---
      We've compiled some recommendations for modernizing your web app and avoiding performance pitfalls.

Uses passive listeners to improve scrolling performance
      Consider marking your touch and wheel event listeners as `passive` to improve your page's scroll performance."
      URL: ../media/gantry5/assets/js/main.js (cited twice)

And

Avoids Mutation Events in its own scripts
      Mutation Events are deprecated and harm performance. Consider using Mutation Observers instead.

URL: ../media/gantry5/assets/js/main.js
      snippet: div#g-offcanvas.addEventListener('DOMSubtreeModified', function (t){i.prototype.emit.call(a,u,t||window.event,i.EMIT_SYNC)})
      ---

Why is RocketTheme's Gantry 5 using mutation events that are deprecated and harm performance according to Google?

Could you please fix these. Thanks.

I'd like to note that "Google's Best Practices" score DROPPED 8 percentage points from my 8-year-old RT solarsentinel template on J1.5 to the current Gantry 5 ambrosia template on J3.7.

Brett
    • Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by BrettD.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Google's problems with Gantry 5

• I would recommend posting on the Gantry 5 GitHub which is the main repo for the G5 open source code and community of developers.

github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • BrettD
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Matt, why do you recommend this?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• That's where the Gantry 5 developers will see it. The boards are here in support of the Themes and general product knowledge
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • To people that want to know...
      The Issue is there —> github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2056

Answer:
      You can safely ignore those warnings, they are used to support older versions of IE.
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

• Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds