Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Mootools conflicts with Joomla search

• Dkvman
    • Hero Rocketeer

Mootools conflicts with Joomla search

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • If you type in the top search for example "Planning High School Courses" on our live site it will just cycle without resolving
      You can see the mootoools error in the inspect element
      If you do the same on our staging site it works fine

The only conflicts I can narrow it down to are gantry 5 and any roksprocket module I have published.
      I of course still want to use Gantry and roksprocket so I dont know how to disable mootools for those and need help on what to do?

Thank you
    • Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Dkvman.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Mootools conflicts with Joomla search

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Dkvman
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Done please be careful and aware this is a live site .
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. Before you even key anything into the search box you are getting JS errors from fbevents and ampz_buttons extensions. So in the first instance I'd suggest disabling both of these extensions.

2. roksprocket uses and requires mootools - it will not function without it. So you can't disable mootools if you want to use roksprocket.

3. mootools and jquery often conflict - you need to try disabling 3rd party extensions one at a time, clearing browser and server cache between each change to identify the culprit.

4. Your using an old version of the template (v1.1.2) so I would suggest that you backup and upgraqde.

5. You using an old version of Gantry 5 (5.4.14) SO I would suggest updating to 5.4.18 too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds