Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Basic steps to create a Gantry theme from scratch

• Basic steps to create a Gantry theme from scratch

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • Hi everbody!

I'm looking for a tutorial on how to create a Gantry theme from scratch.

Someone know where to find directions, besides the official Gantry documentation?

There is an amazing short course on Grav, from tutsplus.com named "Up and Running with Grav CMS (by Kezz Bracey)" that teaches how to create a theme from scratch on "pure" Grav. I would like to see something like that course for Gantry (preferably focused on Grav).

Thanks!
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Basic steps to create a Gantry theme from scratch

• Re: Basic steps to create a Gantry theme from scratch

• Damir, thanks for your tips.

From my point of view, as a newbie, what you suggests is like a reverse-engineering approach. Can be done, of course, but I fear that now I don't have knowledge and time to go by this road.

As I mentioned earlier, that short course on Grav showed me how to create a new template with only three files: blueprints.yaml, theme-name.yaml and theme-name.php. After that, a folder named css with custom.css put me on charge to move on, in my own pace. I know that there are tons of things to experiment with but at least I can start a little website with my own theme and improve it slowly.

I would like to begin with Grav + Gantry the same way, creating a new theme only with my own sections, no css at all, maybe no atoms or particles and then begin to add atoms and particles, learning all I can in the process.

Anyway, thanks for answer.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Basic steps to create a Gantry theme from scratch

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds